7 delicious foods to add to your diet
The key to enjoying your diet and not getting bored is to find ways to cook healthy foods with spices to give them more flavor.
To eat a healthy diet, you shouldn’t limit your meals to just tasteless foods. Although you do need to moderate your calorie intake, there are plenty of delicious recipes that can be eaten without regret.
These foods will help keep you full and also give you an energy boost for good physical and mental performance in your busy day. The best part is that they are perfect for people that don’t have a lot of time. They can be made in a matter of minutes and their ingredients are budget-friendly. In fact, you may already have them in your kitchen.
Are you ready? Read on for 7 foods to add to your diet today.
1. Creamy avocado toast
A simple avocado toast can be the perfect snack when you’re hungry in the middle of the day. In fact, accompanying it with foods like a hard-boiled egg also makes it a great option for breakfast.
- This simple combination of ingredients provides you with carbohydrates and essential fatty acids that work as fuel for your body.
- It contains vitamin E and omega 3, nutrients that help your cardiovascular system function well.
2. Green salad
Do you want to eat something light and 100% healthy? Salads are still in style! When they are made with green vegetables, they are extremely good for your health as well as your weight.
- Fresh vegetables contain large quantities of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that strengthen your defenses to help keep you from getting sick.
- The high fiber content of green salads improves digestion and makes you feel full longer so that you can avoid snacking on food that is full of calories.
- They can be combined with tuna, lean meats, eggs and other sources of proteins and healthy fats.
3. Vegetable soups
There are dozens of recipes for vegetable soups that would fit great in your diet. They’re ideal for lunch or dinner and contain important essential nutrients. They’re also filling.
- The combination of vegetables gives your body diuretic fiber, antioxidants and simple carbohydrates.
- They are energizing, good for your immune system, and they support good digestion.
- They can be prepared with meat or beans, too.
4. Pasta with vegetables
Pasta doesn’t take a lot of time, it can be chock-full of nutrients, and it’s easy. Pasta with vegetables is a light dish that can be a great regular in your diet, even when your goal is weight loss.
- Wheat pasta contains carbohydrates that increase your energy levels and performance.
- Combined with vegetables, it gives you a boost of vitamins and minerals that your body needs.
- In order to keep it healthy, it is best to avoid adding saturated fats like creams, butter or cheese.
5. Grilled chicken breast
Grilled chicken breast has been called boring and tasteless, but the truth is that it is one of the healthiest meats out there. Plus it can be very flavorful.
- The key is in marinating the chicken before preparing it. Herbs and spices can give it a lot of great flavor.
- Another option, although it contains more calories, is to make it with caramelized onions or in a sauce.
6. Eggplant lasagna
Are you looking for a dish that’s different and delicious? How about lasagna made from eggplant? Even though the typical lasagna recipe ends up being high in calories, this option with vegetables in lighter and perfect for any occasion.
- Instead of regular pasta, you use eggplant as the layers that form the lasagna.
- The inside is filled with vegetables, legumes and a white cheese sauce.
- You can also add onion, garlic, spinach and any other ingredients that you wish.
- The result? A satiating plate filled with fiber, vitamins and minerals.
7. Baked potatoes
Instead of buying packaged french fries, why don’t you make some delicious baked potatoes for lunch or a snack?
- All you have to do is cut the potatoes into wedges or strips, and bake them until they are soft or crunchy, as you desire.
- Then, before serving them, you can sprinkle them with spices like cilantro or oregano.
- This simple but delicious food will calm your cravings and keep you from ruining your diet.
As you’ve just seen, eating healthy doesn’t mean having to go without flavor or certain foods. All you have to do is make healthy combinations, and be sure to moderate your portions.