Facial scrubs are a pretty standard cleansing and renewing beauty procedure. However, there are some people that want to take it a step further. You can actually exfoliate your entire body with body scrubs.
Honestly, repairing all your skin all over has its advantages. After an intense summer of sun and beach, your skin needs a sound renewal.
For those who like to wear short skirts or shorts, a body exfoliation can improve their overall physical appearance.
When it comes to exfoliation, you should go through all the steps of the treatment. In this article, we’ll give you some ideas for some great body scrubs here for you to fight dry skin.
1. Banana and sugar scrub
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar (45 g)
- Mash the ripe banana and mix it together with the sugar.
- After, rub the mixture onto your entire body and wash it off after 15 minutes.
If you want to use the scrub only for your face, make sure you use less sugar, as you won’t need as much. Bananas contain potassium and other nutrients that are ideal for a deep revitalization.
The best part about this scrub is that you won’t need to use any kind of oil. After all, the banana already has all that the skin needs. This is a wonderfully balanced mixture that’s highly recommended for people with oily skin.
2 Green clay
Green clay is great for people with sensitive skin, or for those who want a gentle cleanse for their body. You just need to mix green clay with a little olive oil.
Using this mixture will guarantee a nice surface-level cleanse without causing any kind of side-effect.
- In addition, clay will absorb impurities and help regenerate skin tissue that’s been exposed to the sun. Leaving it on for 10 minutes is more than your skin needs.
- You should massage using circular movements that’ll remove impurities from skin.
- When washing off, you should use warm water.
3. Olive oil and Himalaya salt
Himalaya salt hails from Pakistan. It’s a rosy mineral that’s rich in purifying components.
When you use this natural treasure, all you need is a little olive oil to get the mixture to stay on your skin while the salt cleanses.
- Among all of the natural body scrubs, this Himalayan scrub might be one of the stronger ones. In light of this, you should use it carefully.
- Use the treatment at night to avoid direct contact with sunlight.
4. Coconut oil and sugar
Not many natural products are able to moisturize skin as coconut oil does.
Using coconut oil is vital for retaining collagen, moisture and for obtaining the fatty acids that prevent tissue from aging.
- Because it’s a moisturizing element, this combination might very well be the best product to use for the end of every summer.
- The sugar cleans blackheads and other impurities while the coconut oil nourishes skin.
- After applying the paste, leave on for 5 minutes.
5. Citric body scrubs
Finally, natural lemon body scrubs might very well be the best-known type of body scrub. However, there are other similar fruits that you can use to clear clogged pores and dead skin.
Alternatives include oranges, limes, grapefruit, or even a combination of all of them.
- A tablespoon of zest of a citric fruit (15 g)
- 1 ½ tablespoon of sugar (22 g)
- 1 ½ tablespoon of olive or almond oil (24 g)
- These are the basic measurements for the scrub. The ratio is one tablespoon of citric zest for one tablespoon and a half of sugar and olive or almond oil.
- As you’ll use it for your entire body, you should adapt the measurements to suit your needs.
You should also read: 10 Surprising Factors that Cause Dry Skin
6. Poppy seeds and vegetable oil
Poppy seeds can be a wonderfully complex and nutritive body scrub thanks to its high trace-element and fatty acid content.
- Overall, poppy seeds help us undertake deep cleanses because it can clear off several layers of accumulated dead skin cells.
- This combination can use any kind of vegetable oil. However, it’s not suitable for people with sensitive skin.
- Use plenty of water when washing off.
7. Soap-based cream scrub
This soapy scrub is a perfect option for those looking for a more elaborated and all-around product.
- 1 cup of neutral soap base (around 200 g)
- Glycerin soap coloring (as you prefer)
- Several drops of lemon essential oil
- 1 cup of sugar (200 g)
- In a bowl with a lid, mix all of the ingredients together until a crumbly paste forms.
- The final result should be similar to a commercial cream, but free of chemical products.
- Use once a week.