7 Benefits of Daily Dry Brushing
Did you know that you can fight cellulite, flabbiness, and liquid retention by dry brushing daily? Learn more in this article!
Many women use dry brushing therapy. This is because they have discovered the multiple benefits they reap from dry brushing for just a few minutes every day. Plus, it’s an easy practice for both beauty and health.
Today, we’ll look at 7 benefits you’ll get by dry brushing. For instance, did you know that you can fight cellulite, flabbiness, and liquid retention?
What is dry brushing?
Dry brushing is an easy technique. It consists of scrubbing your skin with natural fibers to stimulate your skin. At the same time, dry brushing increases your blood circulation.
- This massage is done in the following order: start with your feet and always brush towards your heart.
- It is beneficial to use a brush with a long handle so you can reach hard to reach areas like your back. Make sure you have a natural bristle brush. You can also use a little bit of natural oil.
- It is recommended to dry brush in the shower so that it catches all of the dead skin cells that fall. You can rinse off with water after dry brushing and apply lotion or natural oils to your skin. A great example would be coconut oil.
- Dry brushing is done at a medium intensity. However, it shouldn’t be annoying or painful for the person.
- You can do this from 5 to 30 minutes several times per week. However, it’s recommended to start doing it for just a few minutes and progressively increase the time.
You’ll notice its beneficial properties from the very beginning. You can see changes in the way your skin looks and with your health in general.
People with delicate or sensitive skin should be careful when doing this. Always use light pressure when starting.
Next, we’ll take a look at the 7 benefits of dry brushing.
1. It helps drain your lymph nodes
Dry brushing helps you drain your lymph nodes. In other words, this lets you clean your body’s lymphatic system.
This system is responsible for getting rid of accumulated toxins. It also guarantees that your immune system functions correctly.
Essentially, this helps to make your skin look better. At the same time, you’re getting rid of small toxic particles that are a source of health disorders.
And it will result in the strengthening of your body’s natural defenses.
2. It helps eliminate liquids
By doing this treatment, you’re also encouraging the elimination of liquids. Plus, this happens without taking a diuretic!
You can even reduce swelling that happens in certain parts of your body. Some of these include your feet or neck. In addition, you can also relieve joint inflammation.
3. It encourages skin growth
Dry brushing is an alternative to exfoliation.
In fact, we can combine different kinds of skin peels with dry brushing to get rid of dead skin cells, including the ones that accumulate on the surface of your skin and make you look dull, grey, and dry.
Dry brushing also encourages skin growth. And, as a result, it reduces wrinkles.
On another note, this exfoliation is also a good way to prepare yourself for sun exposure. It helps you get a good, healthy tan.
4. It fights cellulite
Cellulite is one of the biggest worries for many women. However, this technique gives you a solution. Luckily, dry brushing works on your skin with deep results.
The lymphatic drain gets substances moving that normally accumulate and make cellulite more stubborn.
We recommend: Simple Natural Recipes to Reduce Cellulite
5. It prevents stretch marks
Stretch marks are associated with dehydration and a lack of both elasticity and skin growth.
You can prevent stretch marks and encourage skin cell growth. How? By doing dry brushing daily. Then, be sure to follow this with healthy, natural moisturizers to keep the skin hydrated.
6. It increases your blood flow
This brush massage has another benefit: increased blood flow. Increased blood flow is more likely to happen when following the order of dry brushing that we have told you to follow.
Start with your feet and brush up. Always go in the direction of your heart. So, from your neck, brush down towards your chest. If someone can brush your back, ask them to go from the bottom to top.
When you finish the massage, you’ll feel a pleasant tingling sensation all over your body. This also gives you a great feeling of relief if you usually suffer from feeling heavy or from varicose veins.
Want to learn more? See: 8 Rules to Follow If You Want to Cure Varicose Veins
7. It makes your skin smooth
An immediate result of dry brushing your skin is that it gives your skin a nice smoothness. It also increases skin growth.
Your skin will feel more soft, smooth, and firm. This also helps you fight flabby skin.