Garlic is one of the most commonly used natural ingredients in cooking around the world. Its signature flavor combines well with other spices to enhance the flavor of countless dishes.
But more than just being a great ally in the kitchen, garlic has been prized for centuries thanks to its ability to alleviate a variety of ailments.
Its medicinal properties can be used to fight inflammation, chronic diseases, and infections.
A lot of its benefits come from the content of allicin, an active compound that helps control high cholesterol levels, blood pressure, and other conditions related to the cardiovascular system.
It’s also used as a treatment for digestion problems, respiratory diseases, and fungal infections.
In fact, thanks to its anti-inflammatory effects and antioxidant content, garlic is a great supplement to conventional treatments for arthritis, cancer, and diabetes.
Nutrition experts recommend eating it raw to preserve all of its active ingredients.
You can also prepare a remedy with honey, making the garlic easier to consume and enhancing all of its benefits.
In the hopes that it will help improve your health and overall well being, today we want to share all the benefits you’ll get when you consume honey and garlic for seven days straight.
Find out more!
1. Improves circulationThe sulfur compounds in garlic, when combined with the benefits of honey, are very good for your circulatory system.
Both act to prevent clotting and they strengthen your veins to avoid disorders like thrombosis and varicose veins.
See also: Improve circulation naturally
2. Lowers blood pressure
High blood pressure is a disease that can threaten your entire cardiovascular health. To control it naturally, try consuming honey and garlic on an empty stomach every day.
3. Controls bad cholesterolThe allicin that’s released when you crush raw garlic can help cleanse your bloodstream, removing excess cholesterol. It’s also a great way to keep your triglyceride levels at bay.
4. Reduces inflammation
Studies have shown that many of the chronic health disorders that people experience are related to imbalances in the body that cause inflammation.
Both garlic and honey fight inflammation and act as natural painkillers to help with conditions like arthritis, fluid retention, and muscular disorders.
5. Strengthens the immune system
The antimicrobial and antifungal properties of honey and garlic are excellent for boosting your immune system.
Both of them improve your body’s defenses against viruses, bacteria, and any other type of pathogen.
6. Fights coughWhether your cough comes from a bacterial infection or a virus, there’s nothing better than a simple syrup made with honey and crushed garlic.
It calms the irritation you feel and also acts as an expectorant to stimulate the removal of phlegm.
7. Speeds your recovery from colds and the flu
All cold and flu symptoms can be temporarily suspended with continuous consumption of this remedy.
It helps fight viruses and stimulates your production of antibodies that are responsible for protecting your airways.
We recommend you read: 6 cough remedies for children
How do you make this natural honey and garlic remedy?To gain all of the benefits we outlined above, make sure your garlic and honey are organic.
It’s easy to find cheap honey in the stores, but they’re often poor in nutrients because they’re not 100% natural or are made with added sugars.
- 1 cup of honey (335 g)
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 1 glass jar with a lid
- Chop the garlic clove into small pieces, or press it using a garlic press.
- Pour the honey into the glass jar and stir in the garlic.
- Close the lid and store in a dark place for one week.
- After this time, you’ll have a rich, healthy syrup.
How to take it
- Try a tablespoon before breakfast, either by itself or diluted in some warm water.
- Consume this every day for seven days in a row, wait a couple of weeks, and repeat.
- Store the honey and garlic at room temperature so it doesn’t begin to crystallize.
Note that the effects of this remedy will vary from person to person depending on their day to day habits.
Absolutely nothing will change if you continue to have a diet that’s high in saturated fats, sugars, and other unhealthy foods.