The Benefits of 7 Days of Honey and Garlic
Garlic is one of the most commonly used natural ingredients in cooking around the world. However, more than just being a great ally in the kitchen, garlic has been prized for centuries thanks to its ability to help relieve a variety of ailments. And, in today’s article, we’ll be looking at taking a mix of honey and garlic to receive even more benefits.
As far as its medicinal properties go, garlic can be used to fight inflammation, chronic diseases, and infections. A lot of its benefits come from allicin, which is an active agent in garlic that helps control high cholesterol levels, blood pressure, and other conditions related to the cardiovascular system.
Furthermore, it is also used as a treatment for digestion problems, respiratory diseases, and fungal infections. In fact, thanks to its anti-inflammatory effects and antioxidant content, garlic is a great supplement to conventional treatments for arthritis, cancer, and diabetes.
Nutrition experts recommend eating it raw to preserve all of its active ingredients. In addition to this, you can also prepare a remedy with honey. The advantage this has is that it makes the garlic easier to consume and, as a result, improves all of its benefits.
In the hope that it will help improve your health and overall well being, today we want to share all the benefits you’ll get when you take honey and garlic for seven consecutive days. Read on and find out more!
1. It improves circulation
The sulfur found in garlic, when combined with the benefits of honey, are very good for your circulatory system. Both act to prevent clotting and they strengthen your veins to avoid disorders like thrombosis and varicose veins.
See also: Improve circulation naturally
2. It can lower blood pressure
High blood pressure is a disorder that can threaten your entire cardiovascular health. To control it naturally, try consuming honey and garlic on an empty stomach every day.
3. It controls bad cholesterol
The allicin that’s released when you crush raw garlic can help cleanse your bloodstream, removing excess cholesterol. It’s also a great way to keep your triglyceride levels under control.
4. It reduces inflammation
Studies have shown that many of the chronic health disorders that people experience are related to imbalances in our bodies that cause inflammation.
Both honey and garlic fight inflammation and act as natural painkillers to help with many different conditions. These include arthritis, fluid retention, and muscular disorders.
5. It strengthens the immune system
The antimicrobial and antifungal properties of honey and garlic are excellent for boosting your immune system.
As a result of using them together, they can considerably improve your body’s defenses against viruses, bacteria, and any other harmful microorganisms
6. It can relieve coughingWhether your cough comes from a bacterial infection or a virus, there’s nothing better than a simple syrup made with honey and crushed garlic. It calms the irritation you feel, and also acts as an expectorant to stimulate the removal of phlegm.
7. It speeds your recovery from colds and flu
And finally, all cold and flu symptoms can be temporarily suspended with continuous consumption of this remedy.
It helps fight viruses and stimulates your production of the antibodies that are responsible for protecting your airways.
We recommend you read: 6 cough remedies for children
How do you make this natural honey and garlic remedy?
- 1 cup of honey (335 g)
- 10 cloves of garlic
- 1 glass jar with a lid
- Chop the garlic clove into small pieces, or press it using a garlic press.
- Pour the honey into the glass jar and stir in the garlic.
- Finally, close the lid and store in a dark place for one week.
- After this time, you’ll have a rich, healthy syrup.
How to take it
- Try a tablespoon before breakfast, either by itself or diluted in some warm water.
- You should try to consume this every day for seven days in a row. After this, wait a couple of weeks, and then repeat.
- Store the honey and garlic at room temperature so it doesn’t begin to crystallize.
It’s important to note that the effects of this remedy will vary from person to person, depending on their day to day habits.
However, we must point out that absolutely nothing will change if you don’t change your diet. If you continue to have a diet that’s high in saturated fats, sugars, and other unhealthy foods, then you won’t reap any benefits from our honey and garlic remedy.