Avocados are a very nutritious and complete tropical fruit. They’re rich in vitamins, minerals, and essential fatty acids.
They are so good for you that that no diet should be without them.
Here ,we’ll share 7 ways to use them, from the fruit to the seed to the pit, both in the culinary and beauty realms.
The amazing benefits of avocados
Avocados are one of the most nutritious foods that exist, and one of the best fruits for your health.
They contain vitamins (A, B, C, D, E, H, K, folic acid), essential fatty acids (omega 3, 6, and 9), and minerals (potassium and magnesium).
They are also an excellent source of healthy fats, vegetable protein, and fiber.
Here are some of the things avocados do for your health:
- Regulate your nervous system, fighting disorders like anxiety, stress, and insomnia.
- Help prevent and treat anemia.
- Protect cells from the aging that free radicals cause.
- Lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Improve heart function.
- Improve the appearance of your skin and nails.
- Help you lose weight and inches from your waist.
- Help fight cancer.
- Reduce inflammation.
Ideas for using avocado
1. Creamy, super-nutritious smoothies
If you add a nice, ripe avocado to your fruit smoothies, you’ll get creaminess without having to add yogurt or milk.
You’ll also be making them more nutritious and filling. They’re a great option for breakfast or a snack, or before hard work, whether physical or mental.
Add half an avocado per serving.
2. Butter alternative
The creamy texture of ripe avocados makes them perfect for spreading on toast or in sandwiches, substituting salty spreads that are too high in fat, like creamy cheeses.
You can make your avocado spread sweet or savory.
- Sweet spread: Mix avocado with cocoa, vanilla extract, cinnamon, or honey.
- Savory spread: Combine with garlic, cayenne pepper, black pepper, lemon juice, vinegar, herbs, or sea salt.
3. Dairy-free ice cream
It may sound strange, but you can actually make homemade ice cream with avocados instead of cream. This will make it a more easily-digestible and healthy treat.
- We recommend trying different combinations with fruits like mango, strawberries, and banana, or try out flavors like vanilla, coconut, or cocoa.
- To keep them from turning brown, remember to add a little bit of lemon juice to them.
- You can also sweeten it with stevia, honey, coconut sugar, or agave syrup.
4. Stir-fry with the avocado pit
Avocado pits contain 70% of their amino acids, as well as quite a bit of soluble fiber.
A few of their benefits include that they:
- Help you burn fat.
- Prevent aging.
- Regulate your thyroids.
- Support your immune system.
- Prevent heart disease.
- Increase your libido.
- Give you energy.
- Relieve muscle and joint pain.
You can grate them and have them in tea form, or add them to salads, juices, smoothies, etc. You can also toast them, grind them, and keep them as a powder.
5. Massage to treat cellulite
You can actually use the large, round avocado pits to do a gentle but deep self-massage to improve your circulation, eliminate retained fluids, and fight cellulite.
- Apply the vegetable oil of your choice to the skin and make circular movements with the pit, always upwards, at a medium level of intensity.
6. Nourishing mask
Have you ever seen a green facial mask before? It probably is made from avocado. Due to all of the nutrients in the fruit, it’s great for nourishing and repairing your skin.
- If you use the mask once a week, you’ll get radiant skin that is softer, firmer, and more elastic.
7. Exfoliating product for all skin types
Last but not least, we have the peel.
- If you massage your skin with the inside of an avocado peel, you’ll be exfoliating and getting rid of dead skin cells, thanks to its special, slightly rough surface.
- The peel also contains avocado oil, which is very good for your skin.
This way, you exfoliate without drying, and in fact hydrate deep layers of your skin.