6 Ways to Strengthen your Body without Using Machines or Weights
Did you know that walking just a half an hour every day is enough to strengthen your body? Learn more about this and other great activities that don't even need a gym!
To strengthen muscles, it’s not necessary to go to the gym. In fact, you can learn how to train each part of your body at home.
Even though we have equated machines and weights with a strong and sculptured body, they are not necessary to develop muscle mass.
This guide includes basic and easy exercises that you can do at home. A complete plan can be designed to achieve the body that you would like.
The key to this is to be consistent with your routine, complementing it with a healthy diet and good health habits.
This is why in the following article we want to share the 6 ways to build muscle without going to the gym.
1.Walking or running
Besides being a relaxing activity, walking briskly or running can contribute to strengthening the muscles of the legs and hips.
Regular exercise activates the circulation and reduces tension. After a time, it raises the metabolism to facilitate weight loss.
How it’s done
Be sure to wear comfortable clothes and running or walking shoes. Take a walk daily at a good pace that lasts between 15 and 20 minutes.
Want to learn more? : What are the benefits of walking barefoot?
2. Squatting exercises
Squatting exercises are one of the recommendations to strengthen and tone the gluteal muscles.
After time, they increase the calories burned and contribute to improved body posture.
How to do them
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, keep the back straight, and squat down until the legs are at 90 degrees.
- Do three sets of 12 or 15 reps.
3. Chest pushups
Chest pushups focus on toning the top part of the body.
Therefore, given that the back and arms are forced to raise up all of the body weight, this is excellent to strengthen the entire body.
This activity is challenging and besides increasing physical strength, serves to improve balance and coordination.
- Toes should be pointed, together or a little apart, and the back should stay straight.
- Inhale and flex the arms to take the torso close to the floor. Avoid curving the lower back.
- Without letting the body touch the floor, push until the arms are completely extended.
- Do 3 sets of 8 to 10 reps.
4. Leg raises
Leg raises are useful to tone the abdominal zone and the glutes.
In fact, depending on the position, you can do this in conjunction with the arms for additional strengthening.
How to do it
- With the back straight and the legs stretched out on the floor, raise the legs without helping out without the help of the back or the hands.
- Keep the legs elevated for 8 to 10 seconds and then rest.
- Do the same thing with the other leg and repeat 12 times.
- To work the arms as well, stretch them out in front of you or to the sides at a 90 degree angle.
5. Isometrics for the abs
With this type of exercise, you will be working the waist and the stomach.
By doing this, you will benefit the lumbar zone and help to avoid injuries in the vertebrae.
How to do these
- Raise the legs until they form a right angle, then slowly lower them without touching the floor.
- Hold this position for 8 seconds, rest another 8 seconds and begin again.
- Do this 4 to 8 times to start and then increase according to the tolerance that you have.
6. Resistance exercises
Resistance exercises are those that use two types of equal strengths: stretching and tightening.
There are many ways to do these, but to begin, you can do one simple one against the wall.
See this article: Recommended foods to eat before and after exercising
How to do these
- Support yourself with the palms of the hand against the wall at chest level. Stretch the arms as far as you can.
- Flex one leg to the front of the body and stretch the other towards the back of the body.
- Push against the wall and keep this position for 10 to 12 seconds.
- Do 4 reps.
Are you ready to try this at home? As you can see, these are easy exercises to do without machines or professional trainers.
By practicing them daily you will see that you will increase muscle strength.