6 Ways to Use Olive Oil for Your Hair
Looking for a great natural, moisturizing hair mask? Look no further than olive oil! Learn more about this natural beauty product and ways to use olive oil for hair care.
Olive oil is one of the most popular products around the world. This is because it contains one of the healthiest fats for your body.
Olive oil is made by cold-pressing olives. It has been highly revered since ancient times because of its nutritional and medicinal properties.
You might like: 5 Hair Masks to Prevent Frizz
In fact, it’s a very well-known ingredient in the cosmetic industry. This is because its active compounds have many benefits for your skin and hair.
Also, many people prefer to use this as a natural hair product. After all, its nutrients deeply penetrate your hair and promote healthy growth.
This oil is a part of many commercial treatments; however, you can use it in its natural state to enjoy its effects on your hair.
We know that there are people who don’t know how to use it for their hair. With that in mind, this article will show you 6 ways to use olive oil for hair treatment.
6 Ways to Use Olive Oil to Improve Your Hair
1. Natural conditioner
Olive oil has a smooth texture and a large number of essential nutrients. Because of this, it makes a great natural conditioner that improves the way your hair looks.
Applying it helps to detangle your hair. And, a secondary result is it leaves your hair looking shiny and healthy.
How to use
- Heat up a little olive oil in the microwave. Let it rest until it’s cool enough you can put it in your hair.
- When it’s ready, take several locks and rub the oil on your hair and scalp.
- If your hair tends to be greasy, only apply it from the middle of your hair to the tips.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and let it work for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water. Repeat this treatment twice a week.
You might like: 5 Natural Ways to Strengthen Fine Hair
2. A hydrating treatment
The fatty acids in this oil are useful for counteracting sebaceous gland imbalances in your scalp.
By soaking in, it controls excessive dryness. At the same time, it brings essential nutrients to keep your hair silky and strong.
How to use
- Combine equal parts olive oil and coconut oil. Rub it all over your hair and scalp.
- Let it work for 30 minutes. Then, rinse thoroughly with cold water.
- Repeat this treatment two or three times per week.
3. Treatment for damaged hair
Olive oil is one of the best products to help with hair damaged by chemicals and the environment. This is because of its nutritional makeup.
Its essential fatty acids and antioxidants promote cellular regeneration and help prevent further damage.
How to use
- Mix three parts olive oil with one part organic honey. Then, rub this mixture all over your hair.
- Cover it with a shower cap. Let sit for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water. You can use this treatment up to once per week.
4. Treatment for split ends
Cutting your hair is sometimes the only option for treating split ends. However, putting olive oil in your hair can help repair them.
Its essential nutrients seal the damaged hair. Additionally, thanks to its hydrating effect, it reduces frizz and dryness.
How to use
- Heat up a couple of teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil. Then, rub it all over the tips of your hair.
- Let it work all night long. Use this treatment every day.
5. Frizz control treatment
This natural ingredient is a great help or women with curly, rebellious hair. This is especially true since this kind of hair tends to be frizzy.
A few drops on your hair give you extra shine. At the same time, it reduces this uncomfortable, shocking effect.
How to use it
- Apply a small amount of oil to the palms of your hands. Then, massage your hair for a couple of minutes.
- Let it absorb without rinsing. Then brush your hair.
- Use it every time you want to have perfectly brushed hair.
6. Scalp exfoliating treatment
Even though we usually ignore it, your scalp also needs treatments to remove the dead skin cells that pile up on the surface.
By combining olive oil with a little salt or baking soda, we can make a natural exfoliant that does this.
How to use
- Make a thick paste with olive oil and sea salt. Rub this all over your scalp.
- Massage your scalp for a few minutes. This activates your circulation and makes it easier to absorb the treatment.
- Rinse with lukewarm water. Use this treatment once per month.
As you can see, there are many ways to get benefits when you use olive oil to give yourself healthier hair.
Be encouraged to incorporate it into your beauty routine. And, see for yourself how its properties can make your hair more beautiful.