6 Ways to Burn 600 Calories per Day
Lots of people want to lose weight, and they know that it requires a lot of discipline and commitment, especially where diet and exercise come into play. There are many different ways to lose a little weight each day without starving yourself or following a strict regimen that can have serious negative consequences on your health.
The key here is to understand that you need to reduce the number of calories you consume and increase your physical activity, so you can burn 600 calories per day.
Why should you try to burn 600 calories a day?
Burning 600 calories a day is an easily attainable goal that requires minimum effort in a single day. There are many different ways to achieve this, even while performing your daily activities at home or at work.
To get rid of those extra 600 calories you can do a variety of exercises and follow some of these recommendations that will help you increase your body’s ability to burn calories. By eliminating 3,500 calories per week you lose a pound a week without having to follow a stricter dietary regimen. Of course, to achieve this goal you need to lead a healthier lifestyle and start exercising.
How can you burn 600 calories a day?
As we already implied, burning an extra 600 calories a day isn’t difficult and you can accomplish it by doing your regular activities or some simple exercises that you might even find enjoyable.
Steps for burning those 600 calories
- Step 1: First of all, you burn more calories while you’re standing than when you’re sitting. So if you’re in the middle of a simple activity like talking on the phone, stand up. Fold your clothes while standing. This might sound insignificant, but the fact of the matter is that you’re contributing to more calorie burning.
- Step 2: Obviously, if you want to burn calories you need a daily exercise routine. But to enhance your results and achieve your goal, you need to increase your intensity and possibly the length of time that you exercise. For example, if you walk 30 minutes every day, keep that length of time and run instead. Instead of 100 calories, you’ll have burned 200. You can also switch up your exercises, combing cardiovascular activities with strength training.
- Step 3: Throughout your day you can exercise and burn more calories without having to dedicate a lot of time to a special activity. Consider using the stairs instead of the elevator, for example. And while you’re brushing your teeth, take the time to do squats. You can also do your exercises while watching your favorite TV show.
- Step 4: In addition to doing more cardio, add in some exercises using weights, which are much more demanding. Strength training will help tone your body and you’ll burn more calories.
- Step 5: Finally, pick up a sport to play that will help you meet your goal of burning 600 calories a day. You can play tennis, soccer, go swimming, or whatever you enjoy.
Traditional exercises to burn fat
These exercises are the best way to burn 600 calories or more every day. There’s no need to join a gym to achieve your goals – just doing these simple exercises at home will give you results you can see in just a few weeks.
- Jogging on a treadmill for an hour burns up to 675 calories
- Running on a treadmill for an hour burns up to 986 calories
- Jumping rope for an hour burns up to 730 calories
- Doing 20 minutes of sit-ups burns up to 200 calories
- Walking for an hour can burn up to 200 calories
- 30 minutes of biking a day will help you burn more than 200 calories
In addition to the above recommendations for burning extra calories a day, you should also keep a diet that’s rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and water. If possible, you should minimize your caloric intake, as most diets exceed the recommended amount of calories per person.