6 Tips for A Smooth, Young-looking Neck
The skin on your neck deserves just as much care as the skin on your face. We often worry about preventing facial wrinkles and expression lines but then don’t give our necks a second thought.
However, it’s a fact that the skin on your neck is the first to show signs of aging. That’s because it’s thinner and has fewer oil glands. As a result, it loses its elasticity and firmness more quickly than the skin on the rest of your body.
With these simple tips, you’ll be able to effectively fight any signs of aging on your neck. You’ll be able to keep a smooth, young-looking neck for longer!
1. Stay moisturized
It’s important to moisturize your neck every day, as well as your face. You don’t need to buy special products to do this. Using the moisturizing cream or lotion you use on your face is sufficient. You can also moisturize it using natural products like coconut, almond, olive, or rosehip oil, among others.
- What’s crucial is that you use it twice a day—in the morning before getting dressed and at night before going to bed.
- Use a simple vertical motion to apply it until fully absorbed.
The skin on your neck needs to be exfoliated regularly (once a week at most). Doing so will remove dead skin cells that accumulate over time.
- You can exfoliate your skin using natural ingredients like sugar, sea salt, or baking soda.
- Mixing these ingredients with natural oils, honey, or yogurt creates natural exfoliants that are ideal to get a young-looking neck.
- You should exfoliate from your chin to the upper part of your chest. Remember to also exfoliate the back of your neck.
- Next, rinse off completely with cold water. This will give your skin a deep clean.
3. Avoid bad posture
Believe it or not, bad posture can damage the skin on your neck more quickly. Besides causing neck pain and headaches, keeping your neck bent for long periods of time can trigger the appearance of wrinkles that are difficult, if not impossible, to get rid of. Avoid tilting your head down for long periods of time while looking at a tablet or cell phone.
4. Proper diet
Eating a proper diet, making sure to include foods rich in omega 3 and 6, will help your body naturally increase its production of collagen. You’ll see the effects on your skin’s regeneration and elasticity.
Some studies show that eating foods high in fatty acids help the body regenerate cell membranes efficiently. As such, eating things like flaxseed oil, avocado, or coldwater fish, especially at night, can be great for your hair and maintaining a young-looking neck.
5. Use sunscreen
Sunscreen isn’t just for your face; remember to apply some to any part of your body that will be exposed to sunlight. This includes your neck, since sun exposure can accelerate premature aging.
Getting into the habit of doing certain simple exercises will help you keep a smooth, young-looking neck.
- A very simple and helpful exercise involves sitting down, keeping your back straight, and moving your lower jaw forward and backward.
- Another easy exercise can be done by sitting with your back straight while tilting your head back and extending your neck. Next, open your mouth and stretch out your lower lip as much as possible, reaching for your upper lip. Do this without touching your teeth and repeat several times.
- You can also move your mouth as if trying to pronounce the letter O. Hold this position for at least five seconds. Repeat several times.
It’s recommended to do this exercise routine multiple times a day for good results.