6 Tips to Follow if You Want to Get Fit
Although determination is key when deciding to get in shape, if you're not used to exercising, you will have to adapt the activity to your abilities.
Many people are trying to adopt habits to get fit and improve many aspects of their health and their body.
While it is not a simple task, or one that is achieved overnight, it can be achieved with a total change in lifestyle.
The problem is that many are not patient to see the results and, although they have the initiative, they end up giving up in front of the difficulties that are presented.
The certain thing is that, to reach our objective, it is fundamental to be disciplined in all the aspects and, mainly, to be constant with each one of the efforts that are required.
Considering that right now many are preparing for this goal, today we want to share 6 key tips to gain physical strength and improve the figure.
Put them into practice!
1. Know yourself
Before adopting a training plan to be fit, it is essential to request the help of a professional to assess the physical state and possible limitations in certain exercises.
Skipping this step can lead to injuries or ailments that will undoubtedly prevent the desired plan from being carried out.
- An assessment will allow you to know the state of your joints and the risk of injuries.
- It is also useful to know body weight, blood pressure, and heart rate.
- These aspects, taken together, will be key to designing an adequate plan for each one’s needs.
2. Stay active
To improve physical fitness in general and, of course, body weight, it is necessary to put aside a sedentary lifestyle and stay active as much as possible.
The adoption of a physical training plan contributes, in a short time, to achieve notorious results in both resistance and figure.
- It is essential to combine cardiovascular exercises with strength and endurance activities.
- As much as possible, the ideal is to have the support of a professional coach, not only to execute the exercises correctly, but to have someone who is constantly motivating us to achieve the goal.
3. Improve your diet
In order for the exercise plan to show its results, it is essential to combine it with a healthy, balanced diet and with all the nutritional requirements of the body.
Each person has certain needs based on their weight, age and physical condition. However, the general rules are:
- Limit the consumption of processed, sugary foods, or those high in sodium.
- Avoid excess saturated fats or fried foods.
- Increase the consumption of fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Ensure optimal absorption of high biological value proteins (lean meats, fish or legumes, among others).
- Avoid alcoholic beverages and soft drinks.
- Eat five small servings of food, instead of three hearty servings.
4. Have a good breakfast
Following the previous advice, it is essential to mention separately the importance of consuming a good breakfast every morning.
This first meal of the day works as a source of “fuel” for the cells of the body and, therefore, is necessary to activate the metabolism and have good physical and mental performance.
Skipping breakfast produces a feeling of fatigue during sports activities and, often, triggers episodes of anxiety about food in later hours.
- Overall, a good breakfast should contain 25% of the total daily calories recommended.
- In addition, it should include sources of dietary fiber, antioxidants and proteins.
Daily water consumption is one of the most important habits to maintain health. However, when you play sports, it is more essential to ensure adequate consumption.
During exercise, the body becomes dehydrated and loses, through sweat, mineral salts and substances that are necessary for some of its functions.
Therefore, in order not to suffer from dehydration, we must consume abundant fluids with electrolytes and glucose.
- The ideal amount is to drink 6 to 8 glasses of water a day.
- The consumption of isotonic drinks and fruit waters is advised.
- It is also valid to drink natural fruit juices, infusions and lemonades.
6. Be constant
Being constant is one of the most important aspects to achieve fitness without failing in the attempt. From the beginning, it is essential to know that, to reach the goal, the efforts must be permanent.
The results may vary in each person, depending on your metabolism, physical condition and habits.
Because of this, you can not expect to get fit overnight, or in a short time, even when others may have achieved it.
- Each body works in different ways and, in general, the body requires a period of adaptation to turn exercise into a routine.
- You can not start a training plan with a high level of intensity: the process is done gradually.
Are you thinking about getting fit? Still have not decided? End your sedentary lifestyle!
Follow all these recommendations and start enjoying the benefits of having a better lifestyle.