At present, there are millions of people who live a sedentary lifestyle without knowing its consequences on their health. Although its effects have been talked about many times, some still do not know the damage that it can cause over time.
Having multiple jobs, excessive stress and electronic devices have been the reasons why many have adopted unhealthy habits that harm their physical and mental well-being.
The most worrisome part is that many people ignore the signals that their body sends them and, later, they must deal with illnesses and diseases that reduce their quality of life.
This is why it’s very important to adopt healthy practices with which you can enjoy a fuller life without so many worries.
In this article, we want to share in detail 6 simple things that we can all do to live a healthier life. Try them out!
1. Prepare your day
When you take a few minutes to schedule the activities you must do throughout the day, you can identify how much time you have to dedicate to yourself.
While there are times when your schedule can only accommodate work and household chores, most of the time, there are always a few minutes free for exercising or eating healthy.
- Write down everything you should do during the day and calculate the time it will take.
- Try to optimize your work from the first moment you get up and be mindful every morning.
2. Activate your body and mind
There are dozens of activities that allow you to activate the body and mind at the same time. With these, you can combat the negative effects of a sedentary lifestyle and improve your physical and mental productivity.
A routine of physical exercise, a walk or practicing yoga are some examples of what you can do to create this balance within your body.
- Get up 15 or 20 minutes earlier than normal and take this time to do whatever training you like the most.
- If you have more time during the day, go to the gym or design a routine at home.
3. Adopt a healthy diet
A healthy diet is one that contains all the nutrient groups in their proper measure. Although “miracle” diets had been devised for many years, it’s not clear that it’s important to consume all kinds of foods.
If you have questions about how to eat better, consult a nutritionist. In general, keep in mind that you should choose organic foods, including fruits and vegetables, sources of carbohydrates, fatty acids and lean meats.
- Increase your daily consumption of fruits, vegetables and lean meats.
- Moderate your consumption of fats and carbohydrates, without eliminating them from your diet.
- As much as possible, limit your consumption of sodium, refined sugars and processed products.
4. Cook at home
Have you ever thought about how much money you would save if you always cooked at home?
If you spend a little time preparing your own dishes, you will be able to be more aware of which foods you are consuming.
Go ahead and explore your kitchen, bring out your culinary skills and discover how beneficial it is for your body and for your weight.
- Start by preparing simple healthy recipes that do not take too much time.
- Opt to make an abundance of salads, smoothies and steamed and grilled meats.
Visit this article: 8 Ways to Eat Healthy on a Tight Budget
5. Walk whenever you have the opportunity
If you don’t have enough time to exercise regularly, walk as much as you can. Instead of using the car all the time, try walking to work or to the supermarket.
Although it’s not a highly physically demanding exercise, walking improves joint health, circulation and other important functions of the body.
- Devote 20 or 30 minutes to a walk outdoors. This activity eliminates stress and improves your physical health.
- If you have the opportunity, walk instead of using vehicles. The more you do it, the better.
6. Consume plant-based teas
Did you know that teas made from plants help you to detox your body?
These low calorie drinks promote the elimination of any toxins retained in the blood and, in turn, are ideal for weight loss.
There are many recipes that you can enjoy every day, and you can drink them as a healthy complement to your diet.
- Prepare a tea made from your favorite plant and consume it on an empty stomach or mid-morning.
- Some recommended options are: ginger, chamomile, mint, fenugreek and cinnamon, among others.
Are you motivated to lead a healthier life? If you are still an inactive person or have bad habits, start putting these tips into practice and see how well they work to help you feel better.