6 Steps to Treat Vaginal Yeast Infections Naturally
To avoid the spreading of vaginal yeast, it is fundamental to wear cotton underwear. This is because this material is the most breathable.
The appearance of vaginal yeast is a common problem. Unfortunately, its symptoms can provoke quite a bit of discomfort.
The internal and external infection alters the pH of the vaginal floral. This causes pain and itching and provokes odorous secretions.
The most common cause is the development of albicans candida This is a microorganism that tends to proliferate in humid and warm environments that are characterized by this part of the body.
Even though it may be minimal and sporadic, treating vaginal yeast is essential for avoiding complications or major illnesses.
Luckily, other than conventional products, there are some habits and natural remedies that can help to combat them naturally.
In this article, we want to give you 6 simple steps that can help with treatment.
Revise your hygiene habits
Having good daily hygiene habits is one of the keys for maintaining a healthy vagina that is free of yeast infections.
On the other hand, you should make sure that your underwear is clean and dry, especially when there’s vaginal fluid that is thick and odorous.
- Wash twice a day and change your underwear in case you have these symptoms.
- When going to the bathroom, wipe from front to back to make sure that yeast and bacteria does not spread.
2. Keep your privates dry
The vagina is protected by a natural lubricant that contains healthy bacteria that impedes the growth of yeast.
When the pH of these fluids gets high, microorganisms easily grow and quickly create infections.
Given that this area remains slightly humid, it is essential to try to keep the external parts dry to stop the proliferation of yeast.
- Make sure to dry off well when taking a shower or going to the bathroom.
- Avoid having humid underwear due to water or fluids.
3. Avoid sexual relations
Yeast infections are not a risk for the sexual health of a couple. However, it is not good to have sex while they’re being treated, given that this can make treatment difficult.
Contact with a partner can prolong the length of the infection and, in some cases, cause pain and discomfort.
4. Take a bath with apple cider vinegar
The natural acid of the vinegar helps to reestablish the natural pH of the vagina to facilitate the destruction of the yeast.
It’s active components, like acetic acid, have anti-fungal and antibacterial properties that help to protect this area to combat yeast infections.
At the same time, it’s a wonderful remedy to calm the itching and reduce the excessive fluids.
- Add a half cup of apple cider vinegar to room temperature water in your tube and take a bath for 15 or 20 minutes.
5. Wear cotton underwear
Underwear has a lot to do with this type of infection, given that some fabrics absorb too much humidity and impede ventilation in the area.
Clothing made of cotton are ideal to avoid these annoyances. This is because it allows for adequate breathing and does not facilitate the growth of yeast and bacteria.
- Make sure to always wear cotton underwear.
- Avoid wearing wet swim suits for a very long time.
- Wear loose clothing.
6. Avoid using talcum powder and fragrances to combat yeast infections
There are countless perfumes, talcum powder, deodorants and other products that are made to change the odor of the vagina.
These significantly alter the healthy microbiological flora of the area and can actually produce infections.
Their chemical components destroy healthy bacteria that combat the yeast and facilitate the growth of yeast.
- It’s important to understand that, when there is good hygiene, the vagina has no reason to have an offensive odor.
- It is true that the vagina does have a particular odor, but this does not mean that there is a problem.
Are you suffering from a vaginal yeast infection? Follow these recommendations and take control as soon as you have bothersome symptoms.