6 Powerful Garlic Remedies That Are Easy to Make
Even though you shouldn't swap prescribed treatments for these garlic remedies, you can use them as an additional treatment to relieve and improve different problems.
People have also used garlic remedies to treat, or prevent, a wide variety of diseases. As a matter of fact, garlic is one of the medicinal plants scientifically proven to boast the most curative properties. It’s naturally antibacterial and antiseptic thanks to its high sulfur content.
Among its components are:
- Vitamins A, B1, B2, C
Garlic has been shown to be effective against bacteria such as staphylococcus, streptococci, salmonella, as well as fungus. In addition, garlic also boosts the body’s defenses by raising white blood cell production.
Powerful homemade garlic remedies
1. Curing flu
Eating a clove or two of garlic every day could be a way to prevent flu.
- Among garlic’s components, it has a chemical substance called allicin. Allicin is effective for fighting against viruses and bacteria.
- Chewing and crushing garlic releases allicin, thus allowing us to benefit from its curative properties.
Visit this article: Avoid Getting the Flu with These 8 Foods
2. Treating varicose veins
Garlic is a huge help when you’re trying to control varicose veins. However, you have to use the treatment consistently to see results.
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Firstly, slice the garlic cloves and mix them with the olive oil and lemon juice in a glass container with a lid.
- Then cover and let it sit for 12 hours.
- After that, massage the ointment into the affected area using circular motions.
- Using this remedy will activate your blood circulation, thus reducing the inflammation in the area.
3. Homemade cough syrup
Garlic is a natural antibiotic that can work for any kind of respiratory problem. However, you need to know how to use it. If you make this syrup, you have to consume it while it’s still fresh. This is because it loses its properties quickly over time.
- 1 previously cooked garlic
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Firstly, crush or chop the previously cooked garlic.
- Then mix it with the honey and, after that, with the olive oil.
- When cooking the garlic, don’t expose it to temperatures higher than 60ºC as it could lose its properties.
The resulting syrup has a relieving affect because it softens the mucus in the bronchial tubes. This syrup has no side-effects because it only uses natural ingredients.
4. Lowers blood pressure
Garlic also contains potassium, which reduces excess levels of sodium and acts as a wonderful diuretic. It helps remove liquids from the body, preventing them from accumulating. As a result, it makes for a great treatment to regulate blood pressure.
- 2 grated cloves of garlic
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- Firstly, mix the grated garlic together with the sugar and cup of water until it forms a syrup.
- Then take two tablespoons a day to lower blood pressure.
5. Eliminates warts
The last of our garlic remedies will help greatly in the removal of warts. Garlic has antiviral components that’ll take care of the warts that result from the human papilloma virus.
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 bandage
- Firstly, crush the garlic into a paste and apply it directly onto the wart.
- Then cover the area with the bandage and leave it on the entire night.
- The next morning, take off the bandage and wash off with water. Apply the garlic again and cover with a bandage.
- Repeat the process every day until the wart disappears.
Want to know more? Read: 9 Ways to Remove Warts Quickly
6. Bone and joint pain
Garlic is a powerful ingredient for people who suffer from arthritis thanks to its selenium and sulfur content. It helps relieve joint pain and inflammation because selenium has anti-rheumatic properties. Patients with arthritis often have low selenium levels in their blood.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of mustard oil
- Firstly, stir-fry the garlic cloves in the 2 tablespoons of mustard oil.
- When they turn black, turn off the heat.
- Remove the garlic.
- After that, let the oil cool and use it to massage the affected area.
- Leave on for at least 3 hours and, afterwards, wash it off with water.
- Apply two times a day and you’ll notice rapid relief.
Garlic is a natural element, and these garlic remedies often work well to relieve or cure different problems. However, if you ever have any health-related questions, you should always see a medical specialist.