Six Papaya Shakes You've Got to Try
Papaya is one of the best fruits for your digestive system. For this reason, it's worth enjoying it in different ways.
Papaya has many vitamins that make it perfect for every diet and this is why these shakes are perfect and delicious for just about everyone. You’ve got to try a try one in order to satiate your appetite without gaining weight. You may not know it but this fruit is rich in antioxidants and you can blend it with many other ingredients.
Here are some recipes that are healthy and also appease your food cravings preventing the consumption of unhealthy snacks and industrial products.
More about this fruit
Papaya is a fruit that’s rich in antioxidants, vitamins, digestive enzymes, and minerals, of which calcium is especially important.
According to the experts of the Spanish Nutrition Foundation (FEN), this fruit also “stands out for its content in enzymes that promote digestion, detoxify and dissociate albumin. This is the case of papain, a proteolytic enzyme, similar to pepsin found in our gastric juice, with the capacity to digest food proteins.”
For all these reasons, this fruit has many health properties. For instance, it can help fight intestinal parasites and digestive discomfort, as well as reduce inflammation of the abdomen, promote skin health and healing processes.
In addition, eating papaya can also help:
- Protect your eyes
- Improve blood flow
- Also, it can improve iron absorption
- Encourage collagen formation
- Protect your skin from free radicals
- Help prevent cardiovascular disorders
- In addition, it can increase your body’s natural defenses
If you want to take advantage of all these benefits, then you should try the following smoothies with papaya we’re going to tell you how to make below.
Read about Eight Foods that Replenish Skin Collagen
1. High-protein papaya shakes
You can’t miss out on the following recipe if you want to give your body an extra protein boost. Furthermore, it includes papaya and other delicious ingredients like strawberries, coconut and almonds.
- Almonds (to taste)
- 3/4 c. of papaya
- 1 c. of strawberries
- 1 tbsp. of dried coconut
- Water (as necessary)
- Optional: 1 natural yogurt
- Firstly, blend the strawberries with a little water and set them aside
- Then, prepare the rest of the ingredients and place them in the blender
- Process until you get a smooth consistency
- Finally, serve and drink in moderation
2. Papaya and spinach shake
This smoothie with papaya and spinach will provide you with extra fiber to promote intestinal transit. Also, chia seeds, in addition to having a lot of properties, will help you feel full for much longer.
- Chia seeds
- Maple syrup
- One c. of water
- 1 1/2 c. of papaya
- 1 c. of almond milk
- Firstly, add all the ingredients except for the chia seeds to a blender
- Blend until they’re mixed well. Then, you can add more or less water depending on the consistency you prefer.
- We recommended the ingredients be cold, or if you prefer, add ice cubes when you’re going to serve it
- Finally, after serving, add the chia seeds on top of your papaya smoothie and enjoy
Find out how to Lose Weight with Chia Seeds
3. Papaya coconut shakes
The dietary fiber in papaya is a great way to prevent constipation and other health problems.
This papaya smoothie is a tropical blend that’ll help you reduce bloating, get rid of retained fluids, and also give you a tasty treat.
- 1/4 c. of pineapple
- 1/2 c. of papaya
- Half c. of banana
- 1/2 c. of coconut milk
- Optional: ice, 1 tbsp. of vanilla extract
- First, mix all ingredients in a blender for a few minutes until they’re all mixed well
- Also, you may blend the ice cubes along with the fruit or just add them after you process it
4. Papaya mango shakes
Mango, besides being a fruit in great demand for its flavor, is rich in fiber. Therefore, when combined with papaya you get a very satiating drink. Furthermore, it’s perfect to control cravings between meals.
- 1 c. of milk
- 3 c. of papaya
- 2 c. of mango
- The juice and zest of 1 orange
- Firstly, mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth
- Then, serve with ice if you like and enjoy
- Finally, remember that when you grate the orange peel, stop when you get to the white part, or you’ll end up with a bitter smoothie
5. Papaya kiwi shake
Do you have problems going to the bathroom lately and feel bloated? In that case, the papaya and kiwi smoothie will be a great help, as part of a balanced diet rich in fiber.
- 1 c. of papaya
- A ripe kiwi
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. of chia seeds
- 1 c. of milk (any kind you like)
- Optional: 1 tbsp. of nuts or peanut butter
- First, add all ingredients to a blender and process until creamy
- Finally, if you like, you can add the chopped walnuts and chia seeds after everything else is blended
6. Papaya oat shake
A smoothie containing both papaya and oatmeal is an ideal option both to supplement the amount of protein in your diet and to satiate your appetite in a healthy way.
- Powdered cinnamon
- 1/2 c. of papaya
- Half c. of almond milk
- 1/2 c. of oats
- Optional: ice
- Blend all ingredients until you get a consistency you like
- Finally, serve and enjoy
Enjoy your papaya shakes
Remember that these smoothies with papaya don’t replace the consumption of natural fruit, nor do they replace a main meal. In any case, they should be considered as complements to a balanced diet.