6 Tips for Naturally Sealing Split Ends
The ingredients in these remedies not only help repair damaged split ends, they also provide hair with extra moisture to revitalize it and help it grow strong and healthy.
Many women search for effective treatments for sealing split ends, which make hair look dry and deteriorated. Unfortunately, this is one of the most common hair problems, and it’s difficult to treat even with all the products out there to help.
The quickest way to solve the problem is to see a stylist and have them cut off the damaged ends. But if you want to save some money, it’s worth trying a few remedies with natural ingredients.
It’s best to try to solve the issue as soon as possible. Today, we’re going to give you 6 great tips to help you with that. Try them out before you go and spend all your money at a stylist!
1. Egg shampoo for sealing split ends
Eggs have proteins and other nutrients that can strengthen hair and speed up repair. Combing them with a bit of rosemary makes an incredible treatment for restoring split ends and bringing back shine.
You might like:
- 3 tablespoons of fresh rosemary (30 grams)
- 1 egg
- 1 liter of water
- Add the fresh rosemary to the liter of boiling water and allow to steep.
- Once cold, strain and mix with the beaten egg.
- Apply it as a normal shampoo and store the remaining mixture to use throughout the rest of the week.
2. Papaya mask
The moisturizing oils and compounds in this papaya and yogurt mask will care for hair health and will help repair damaged hair to recover strength once again.
- 1 slice of papaya
- 1/4 c. plain yogurt (50 grams)
- 1 Tbsp. almond oil (15 grams)
- 1 shower cap
- Use a fork to crush the papaya slice and then mix with the plain yogurt and almond oil.
- Once mixed into a thick cream, apply to all of the damaged split ends and the rest of your hair.
- Cover with the shower cap and allow to act for one hour.
- Rinse and repeat three times a week.
3. Avocado and egg cream
The fatty acids in avocados are commonly in a lot of treatments for revitalizing mistreated hair. In this case, we suggest that you combine it with an egg and olive oil to boost the reparative effects for your split ends.
- 1 avocado
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp. olive oil (14 grams)
- Spoon out the flesh from a ripe avocado and blend it into a thick puree.
- Add the egg white and the tablespoon of olive oil.
- Rub it into your hair and let it set for 30 or 40 minutes, then rinse.
- Use every day, or at least three times a week.
4. Beer tonic
You’d probably never think it, but beer is one of the best alternatives for naturally sealing split ends. Applying it will soften your hair and bring back structure to help deal with split ends, which make your hair look bad.
- 1/4 c. beer (32 mL)
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar (20 mL)
- Mix the apple cider vinegar with the beer and cover your hair with it.
- Allow to set for 40 minutes, then rinse with plenty of shampoo.
- You can use this mixture once or twice a week.
5. Olive oil and vinegar conditioner
Olive oil is a natural fat that fights hair dryness and breakage. Combine the oil with a bit of apple cider vinegar to get an amazing homemade conditioner and a great alternative for naturally sealing split ends.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (28 grams)
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar (10 grams)
- Mix the two ingredients and heat them up a bit. Don’t go beyond a temperature that your hair can withstand.
- Apply the product to the split ends and allow to set for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with your normal shampoo and repeat every day.
6. Argan oil
This oil is also known as “liquid gold” because it’s so rich in nutrients. It contains vitamin E, fatty acids, and polyphenols, which protect hair against the sun’s UV rays and environmental toxins.
Applying it can help retain moisture, strengthen roots, and speed up the recovery time of split ends.
- 2 Tbsp. argan oil (30 grams)
- Plastic wrap
- Massage the tips of your hair with a bit of argan oil and then wrap them in plastic wrap.
- Allow to set for 30 minutes, then rinse.
- Use three times a week for best results.
Whatever treatment you choose for naturally sealing your split ends, remember that you won’t get results after just one application. You need to be patient and use these treatments consistently if you want to see real improvement.