6 Tips for Naturally Sealing Split Ends
The ingredients in these remedies not only help repair damaged split ends, they also provide hair with extra moisture to revitalize it and help it grow strong and healthy.
Split ends are a common concern among long-haired fellows. Naturally sealing split ends can be easier than you’d think. Have you tried to fix split ends yourself?
Even though there are several treatments available for sealing split ends, many of them have way too many chemicals that make hair look dry and deteriorated.
Unfortunately, this is one of the most common hair problems, and it can be difficult to treat even with all the products out there to help.
The quickest way to solve the problem is to see a stylist and have them cut off the damaged ends. But if you want to save some money, it’s worth trying a few remedies with natural ingredients.
Thus, it’s best to try to solve the issue as soon as you see the first signs. Today, we’re going to give you 6 great tips to help you with that. Try them out before you go and spend all your money at a stylist!
1. Egg shampoo for sealing split ends
Eggs have proteins and other nutrients that can strengthen hair and speed up repair. When combing them with a bit of rosemary makes an incredible treatment for restoring split ends and bringing back its natural shine. Try this easy mask and see your ends actually glue themselves back together!
You might like: 3 Egg Remedies to Moisturize Dry Hair
- 3 tablespoons of fresh rosemary (30 grams)
- 1 egg
- 1 liter of water
- Start by adding the fresh rosemary to a liter of boiling water. Then, allow to steep.
- Once cold, strain and mix with the beaten egg.
- When it’s done, apply it like a normal shampoo and store the remaining mixture in the fridge.
- Later on, remember to use throughout the rest of the week.
2. Papaya mask
The moisturizing oils and compounds in this papaya and yogurt mask will care for your hair’s health while helping repair damaged hair to recover strength once again.
- 1 slice of papaya
- 1/4 c. plain yogurt (50 grams)
- 1 Tbsp. almond oil (15 grams)
- A shower cap
- First, use a fork to crush the papaya slice and then mix with the plain yogurt and almond oil.
- Once mixed into a thick cream, apply to all of the damaged split ends and the rest of your hair.
- When you have coated all your ends, cover with the shower cap and allow to act for one hour.
- Finally, rinse and repeat three times a week.
3. Avocado and egg cream
The fatty acids in avocados are commonly found in a lot of treatments for revitalizing mistreated hair. In this case, we suggest that you combine it with an egg and olive oil to boost the reparative effects for your split ends.
- One whole avocado
- An egg white
- 1 tbsp. olive oil (14 grams)
- First, spoon out the flesh from a ripe avocado, then blend it into a thick puree.
- Then, add the egg white and the tablespoon of olive oil.
- After that, rub it into your hair and let it set for 30 or 40 minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water.
- Finally, use every day.
- Later on, use it at least three times a week.
4. Beer tonic
You’d probably never think it, but a beer is one of the best alternatives for naturally sealing split ends. Applying it will soften your hair and bring back structure to help deal with split ends, which make your hair look bad.
- 1/4 c. beer (32 mL)
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar (20 mL)
- Start by mixing the apple cider vinegar with the beer
- Then, cover your hair with it.
- Finally, allow the mixture to set for 40 minutes, then rinse with shampoo.
- Later on, you can use this mixture once or twice a week.
Read more: Rinse Your Hair with Apple Cider Vinegar
5. Olive oil and vinegar conditioner
Olive oil is a natural fat that fights hair dryness and breakage. Combine the oil with a bit of apple cider vinegar to get an amazing homemade conditioner and a great alternative for naturally sealing split ends.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (28 grams)
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar (10 grams)
- Start by mixing the two ingredients and heat them up a bit. Don’t go beyond a temperature that your hair can withstand.
- Then, apply the product to the split ends and allow to set for 30 minutes.
- Finally, rinse with your normal shampoo.
- Later on, repeat every day.
6. Argan oil
This oil, also known as “liquid gold” because it’s so rich in nutrients, has a lot to offer your hair. Argan oil contains vitamin E, fatty acids, and polyphenols, all of which protect hair against the sun’s UV rays and environmental toxins.
Thus, applying argan oil on a regular basis can help retain moisture, strengthen roots, and speed up the recovery time of split ends.
- 2 Tbsp. argan oil (30 grams)
- Plastic wrap
- Start by massaging the tips of your hair with a bit of argan oil.
- Then, wrap them in plastic wrap.
- Finally, allow to set for 30 minutes, then rinse.
- Later on, use three times a week for best results.
Whatever treatment you choose for naturally sealing your split ends, remember that you won’t get results after just one application. As with most natural remedies, it takes a bit of patience and regular applications, thus, just keep at it and you’ll see results!
Nevertheless, don’t lose hope on your hair! You need to be patient and use these treatments consistently if you want to see real improvement. A big chop isn’t the only answer to your split ends: you can fix your ends by yourself; at least until you have the length you want before getting your next haircut.