Dryness in a woman’s intimate area is caused when her natural fluid production decreases. These fluids are in charge of protection and maintaining moisture.
This causes a change in the pH and bacterial flora levels. The main functions of these are to fight viruses, bacteria, and fungi that can cause diseases.
At the same time, this is one of the most common causes of vaginal itching and other uncomfortable symptoms. These symptoms include irritation and pain during sexual relations.
Vaginal dryness is common when a woman reaches menopause. This is because her estrogen levels drop. These hormones are responsible for cervical mucous production.
However, this can also happen at earlier stages of life. This is caused by hormonal imbalances, infections, or the use of chemical hygiene products.
In reality, there are many medical treatments that help to control this symptom so that it doesn’t affect her sexual performance or quality of life.
There are even a large number of natural products. Because of their properties, they increase the lubrication while protecting this area from infections.
In this article, we want to share the 6 best ones with you. This way, you can use them when you think it’s necessary.
1. Chamomile tea
Chamomile tea baths are useful for relieving inflammation and itching caused by a lack of vaginal dryness.
While they don’t increase the production of fluids, it’s a good solution for calming your symptoms.
- 2 tablespoons of chamomile flowers
- 1 quart of water
- Put the quart of water on to boil. When it starts boiling, add the chamomile flowers.
- Let it sit until it reaches a comfortable temperature. Strain the liquid and do a sitz bath with it.
- Repeat its use every day until you get rid of the problem.
2. Natural yogurt
The probiotics and live cultures in natural yogurt are one of the best remedies for controlling dryness in your intimate area.
These increase the presence of healthy bacteria. These healthy bacteria regulate your vaginal pH level to maintain good lubrication.
- 2 tablespoons of natural yogurt
- Apply a little natural yogurt on the external areas of your vagina. Let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse and repeat this treatment several times per day.
- Optionally, you can eat a cup of yogurt with probiotics during the day to get benefits from the inside out.
3. Valerian tea
This natural drink is a good option for controlling vaginal pH level imbalances when they are caused by stress.
Its natural compounds relax your body. They also increase your hormone activity and keep vaginal moisture.
- 1 tablespoon of Valerian
- 1 cup of water
- Add the tablespoon of Valerian to a cup of boiling water. Then, let it sit for a few minutes.
- Drink a maximum of two cups per day.
4. Turmeric and milk
This is a product made with turmeric and milk. It reduces the risk of getting vaginal infections while promoting the production of natural fluids.
Both ingredients are good for the sensitive skin in your intimate area. After all, this skin tends to get irritated with this problem.
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- 6 tablespoons of milk
- Soak the turmeric with the tablespoons of milk. Then, make a paste and apply it to the affected area.
- Let it work for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Use this treatment once per day.
5. Marigold and mallow
Sitz baths with marigold and mallow control the irritation and excessive dryness caused by vaginal flora imbalances.
- 3 tablespoons of marigold
- 3 tablespoons of mallow
- 2 quarts of water
- Boil the two quarts of water, Then, use it to soak the plants for 12 hours.
- After this time, strain the fluid, heat it, and do a sitz bath for 5 minutes.
- Repeat the treatment until you’ve controlled the dryness.
6. Aloe vera gel
Known for its multiple skin applications, aloe vera gel is one of the best natural solutions. It especially helps with the imbalances that cause vaginal dryness.
Its hydrating compounds reduce irritation and itching, while it promotes the production of natural lubricants.
It’s also an anti-inflammatory and an antibiotic. This makes it an excellent product to prevent the development of infections.
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- 2 drops of tea tree oil
- Mix the aloe vera gel with the tea tree oil. Then, apply it to your intimate area.
- Repeat this treatment up to two times per day.
Any of the remedies listed here can help you fight vaginal dryness. Plus, they help you avoid the inconveniences that come with dryness.
However, it’s always wise to see your gynecologist. They can figure out the cause and help with other kinds of treatments.