6 Natural Products that Help with Vaginal Dryness
Dryness in a woman’s intimate area is caused when her natural fluid production decreases. These fluids are what keeps the area in a moist state, which is very important for vaginal health. It’s worth the effort to seek out natural ways to help with vaginal dryness for this reason.
Vaginal dryness causes a change in the pH and bacterial flora levels. You want to keep these in optimal conditions because they help combat viruses, bacteria, and fungi that can cause diseases. Use these natural ways to help with vaginal dryness and its symptoms.
Dryness in the nether regions can result in vaginal itching and other uncomfortable symptoms. Some of these, such as irritation and pain during sexual relations, can be huge quality of life issues.
Vaginal dryness is common when a woman reaches menopause. This is because her estrogen levels drop. These hormones are responsible for cervical mucous production.
However, this can also happen at earlier stages of life. This is caused by hormonal imbalances, infections, or the use of chemical hygiene products.
In reality, there are many medical treatments that help to control these issues to preserve quality of life and enjoyment from sex.
There are even a large number of natural products that can be useful in mild cases. You can find natural vaginal dryness remedies that increase the lubrication while protecting this area from infections.
In this article, we want to share six of the best items you can use to help you if you suffer from vaginal dryness. This way, you know where to turn when you have a mild case of the issue.
1. Chamomile tea
Chamomile tea baths are useful for relieving inflammation and itching caused by vaginal dryness.
While they don’t increase the production of fluids, it’s a good solution for calming your symptoms.
- 2 tablespoons of chamomile flowers
- 1 quart of water
- Heat the quart of water to a boil. When it starts boiling, add the chamomile flowers.
- Let it sit until it reaches a comfortable temperature. Strain the liquid and make a sitz bath with it.
- Use it every time you have uncomfortable symptoms.
2. Natural yogurt
The probiotics and live cultures in natural yogurt can be of service when you have vaginal irritation from dryness.
These contain healthy bacteria. The healthy bacteria in yogurt improve your general health, especially your digestion.
- 2 tablespoons of natural yogurt
- Apply a little natural yogurt on the external areas of your vagina. Let it sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse and repeat this treatment several times per day.
- Optionally, you can eat a cup of yogurt with probiotics during the day. Yogurts with no added sugars are some of the healthiest foods you can eat.
3. Valerian tea
This natural drink is known to reduce stress and anxiety. Sometimes, vaginal pH levels suffer imbalances due to stress. Valerian tea can have a mellowing influence on you, which has have positive results on these pH levels.
Its natural compounds relax your body. This can also give way to increased hormonal activity inhibited by stress.
- 1 tablespoon of Valerian
- 1 cup of water
- Add the tablespoon of Valerian to a cup of boiling water. Then let it sit for a few minutes.
- Drink a maximum of two cups per day.
4. Turmeric and milk
This is a product made with turmeric and milk. It reduces the risk of getting infections. Vaginal infections are related to vaginal dryness, so this is very important.
Both ingredients are good for the sensitive skin in your intimate area. The skin there tends to get irritated when it’s too dry.
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- 6 tablespoons of milk
- Soak the turmeric with the tablespoons of milk. Then, make a paste and apply it to the affected area.
- Let it work for 10 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
- Use this treatment once per day.
5. Marigold and mallow
Sitz baths with marigold and mallow can have positive effects on the irritation caused by imbalances in vaginal flora.
You Might Also Like: Natural Diuretics for Your Diet
- 3 tablespoons of marigold
- 3 tablespoons of mallow
- 2 quarts of water
- Boil the two quarts of water, Then, use it to soak the plants for 12 hours.
- After this time, strain the fluid, heat it, and do a sitz bath for 5 minutes.
- Repeat the treatment several times to see if it works for you.
6. Aloe vera gel to help with vaginal dryness
Known for its multiple skin applications, aloe vera gel is one of the best natural solutions for dry skin. It can also be good for dealing with vaginal dryness.
Its hydrating compounds reduce irritation and itching.
It’s also has anti-inflammatory and antibiotic effects. This makes it an excellent product to prevent the development of infections that can go along with the condition. It can really help with vaginal dryness.
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- 2 drops of tea tree oil
- Mix the aloe vera gel with the tea tree oil. Then, apply it to your intimate area.
- Repeat this treatment up to two times per day.
Any of the remedies listed here can help with vaginal dryness, whether with the sensations it causes or with possible infections. They can be great ways to help you avoid the inconveniences that come with that dryness.
However, it’s always wise to see your gynecologist. They can figure out the cause and help with other kinds of treatments when necessary.It might interest you...