Your hair grows around 15 millimeters per month, making it a slow and sometimes frustrating process.
Whether it be because you want to change your hairstyle or give it more volume, sometimes people want to speed up their hair growth.
Some may choose to apply extensions and others might resort to hair treatments and oral supplements to get longer hair in a shorter time.
However, the best thing to do is maintain a healthy diet.
Remember that the beauty of your hair starts from the inside. Before this can happen, you must pay attention to the nutrients you’ll need to keep it soft, shiny, strong, and maintain progressive growth.
You can also apply certain homemade masks that are based on natural ingredients. This will provide your hair with nutrition from the outside, as well as in.
To stimulate the growth of your hair, pay attention to what you eat and incorporate the necessary vitamins for hair growth, particularly the ones we mention below.
1-Vitamin CVitamin C is an antioxidant, which fights hair loss while maintaining its natural color.
Another benefit is that it increases circulation in the scalp, which provides the hair strands with the nutrients they need to grow.
Some foods that contain large quantities of vitamin C are:
- Fruits, like oranges, lemons, strawberries, kiwi, and grapefruit
We also recommend that you apply a natural mask based on vitamin C to improve the appearance of your hair.
- ¼ cup of fresh orange juice (60 ml)
- ½ cup of fresh lemon juice (100 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of organic honey (50 g)
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Apply the paste to damp hair and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- After that time, rinse well.
- Repeat this procedure once a week.
Read also: Antioxidant juice to relieve arthritis
2-Vitamin B3This vitamin plays an important role in the nutrition of the scalp and promotes healthy hair growth.
When you don’t get enough vitamin B3 your hair can lose its shine and become brittle.
Foods that are high in this vitamin are:
- Wheat and its derivatives
This vitamin influences the production of fatty acids within your cells, which nourish the hair follicles in the scalp. Regular consumption of B7 improves the strength of your hair and contributes to rapid growth.
Try consuming any of the following foods to get the right amount of vitamin B7:
- Almonds or nuts
- Egg yolk
- Green peas
- Milk and dairy products
An egg yolk mask is also an ideal way to provide your hair with a significant amount of vitamin B7.
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of olive or coconut oil (45 g)
- Beat the egg yolk and oil well.
- Apply this mask to the roots of your hair and massage gently with your fingers.
- Leave it on for five minutes.
- Rinse your hair with warm water and wash with your normal shampoo.
- Repeat this process every two weeks.
4-Vitamin EIt’s important to remember that most of the state of your hair is due to the health of your scalp.
In that sense, vitamin E increases oxygen levels in the bloodstream and stimulates circulation, which is vital for hair growth.
Also, this vitamin adds moisture to the hair strands, making them stronger and protecting your hair from serious harm.
You can get plenty of vitamin E from the following foods:
- Vegetable oils
- Peanuts and hazelnuts
- Sunflower seeds
Similarly, you could try the following recipe to make a hair mask that’s rich in vitamin E.
- ½ of a banana
- ½ of an avocado
- 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt (60 g)
- 1 capsule of vitamin E (sold in pharmacies)
- Mix all ingredients, including the gel inside the vitamin E capsule.
- Moisten your hair and apply this mask throughout.
- Use a gentle, circular massage with your fingertips.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes and rinse thoroughly.
Thanks to its abundant antioxidant properties, vitamin A not only takes care of your hair, it also protects your vision and your skin.
When you add it to your diet it will improve the texture and shine of your hair by stimulating the production of oils or sebum that protect the hair from becoming brittle.
You can obtain vitamin A from the following foods:
- Liver pate
- Fatty cheeses
6-Vitamin DAt birth, doctors recommend exposing your baby to the sun for a few minutes each day to obtain vitamin D. This is no coincidence, as it is an important vitamin for the absorption of nutrients.
Calcium is a vital nutrient for the health of your hair. Getting enough of this vitamin is beneficial for hair growth.
In addition to going outside in the sun for a few minutes a day, you can also obtain vitamin D from the following foods:
- Cod liver oil
- Fortified cereals
Other tips for taking care of your hair
In addition to paying attention to what you eat, we recommend that you incorporate the following tips into you daily beauty routine.
- Avoid using a hair dryer or curling iron because the heat dries out your hair and damages the scalp.
- Don’t abuse chemical products like dyes, perms, and other treatments.
- Protect your hair from the sun during trips to the beach or in the summer. Try applying an essential to keep it moisturized and protected.
- Don’t brush your hair too hard.
- Make sure you drink enough water. This will help your hair stay naturally hydrated.
- Wash your hair and scalp very well. We recommend, however, not washing your hair every day because it will prevent the accumulation of natural oils that keep it healthy and silky.