6 Healthy Snacks You Can Bring to Work
Do you want to be careful with your diet but at work, you only find vending machines with unhealthy options? Well, here are 6 healthy snacks with both sweet and savory options that are easy to prepare and that you can bring to work with you.
These snacks are perfect for when you start to get hungry in the middle of the morning or afternoon. That way, you won’t get home ravenous with hunger and storm the vending machine!
Instead, try these 6 healthy snacks!
You might like: 5 Snacks Good For Weight Loss
6 healthy snack ideas for work
Healthy vegetable chip snacks
If French fries are your downfall, vegetable chips are the perfect alternative. Choose your favorite vegetables (carrots, zucchini, beets, etc.) and then:
- Cut them into very thin slices.
- Spread them out on a baking sheet.
- Paint them with olive oil and aromatic herbs (oregano, pepper, rosemary, curry, etc).
- Bake for about 20 minutes at medium temperature.
- Let them cool so they become crispy.
- Put them in a plastic bag to take them to work and they will last several days.
Yogurt with fruit, cinnamon, and dark chocolate
The best option when choosing a yogurt is a plain one or one without added sugar or sweeteners. You can choose whole, skimmed, Greek, or soy natural yogurt, depending on your individual needs and preferences.
Thanks to the sweet taste of fruit, cinnamon, and dark chocolate, this mixture will be tasty and appetizing. Another important thing to remember is to make sure the dark chocolate is at least 70% cocoa.
- You can change up the fruit you choose to add to create different options.
- Mix everything and put it in a plastic container to take to work.
You might like: What Are the Health Benefits of Yogurt?
Healthy oat and banana cookies
If you’re one of those people who likes to eat cookies between meals, here’s a different kind of recipe you can try to make healthy and simple cookies with just two ingredients.
- First, crush a very ripe banana with the help of a fork and mix with instant oats (about 30 g or so).
- If you want, add some ground cinnamon, nuts, and dried fruits such as raisins.
- Then, divide the dough into small portions about a spoonful big.
- Put them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, bake for 15-20 minutes at 180º, and let them cool.
You’ll be amazed by how delicious these are! Keep them in a tightly closed glass container.
Baby carrots with cottage cheese
This is a healthy and low-calorie snack. You should know that cottage cheese is not cheese but in fact, a different kind of dairy product obtained from whey. It is obtained by fermenting the whey leftover from making cheese.
This is a good option if you want to lose weight since it’s very low in fat. Additionally, it is also ideal if you are looking to gain muscle mass because cottage cheese contains four times more protein than milk.
You can eat it with baby carrots that are easy to carry, or with cherry tomatoes.Cottage cheese is a food that comes from whey. Therefore, it’s a significant source of protein. You can eat it with carrots, tomatoes, or other raw vegetables.
Chia and fruit pudding
This is a good option for a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack at work.
You can bring it with you in a small glass jar. Chia is a seed rich in fiber and polyunsaturated fatty acids, such as omega 3 and 6. Actually, as several scientific studies point out, chia seeds may help reduce the risk of diseases such as hypertension, cardiovascular diseases, and diabetes.
It also contains soluble fiber that, when in contact with a liquid, forms a gel-like substance that prolongs the feeling of fullness.
- To make chia pudding, you have to mix 3 tablespoons of raw chia seeds with 200ml of milk or fruit-based beverage.
- Then, you have to put it in the fridge for a few hours so that it becomes gelatinous.
- Next, add as a topping any fruit you like: mango, strawberries, kiwi, etc.
- Prepare it the night before and put it in the fridge so it’s ready to take with you to work the next day.
Edamame (soybean pods)
Originating in Asian cuisine, edamame is a newly popularized healthy snack that’s as addicting as a bag of chips. To prepare them, you just have to put the green soybean pods (without defrosting) into boiling water with salt for between 3 and 5 minutes, drain, and they’re ready! If you want a recommendation, it’s a good idea to accompany them with seeds, paprika or soy sauce.
Why eat edamame? They are a great source of vegetable protein and micronutrients such as calcium, iron, phosphorus, and manganese, and vitamins such as C, B9, and K. Also, they contain isoflavones, which are very beneficial for your health.
Try any of these 6 healthy snacks tomorrow at work!
Enjoy eating these 6 healthy snacks and start a trend at your office! Without a doubt, these are options that will help you take care of both your figure and your health.It might interest you...