Eating healthy foods with high nutritional value can help improve your mood. Sure, we tend to forget about it. Basically, the substances in some foods help with the secretion of the hormones. And, these hormones play a role in wellness and fighting stress.
The problem is that we are used to eating foods filled with fats, sugars and added ingredients. And, these can produce negative effects.
At first, they satisfy us. However, their nutritional composition is not as good as what we get from organic foods.
For that reason, today we want to show you 6 healthy alternatives. They are low in calories. And, their properties help us feel better when we are feeling stressed, depressed or irritable.
Don’t hesitate to add these healthy foods to your diet! Improve your mood in an instant.
1. Bitter chocolate
Bitter chocolate, whose composition is, at least, 60% cacao, is one of the food that, when eaten in moderation, promote the sensation of emotional wellness.
- It is characterized for its high content of antioxidants, fatty acids and amino acids. These stimulate brain activity and the nervous system.
- It is recommended for reducing stress and symptoms of depression because it improves endorphin production.
Note: this food is not recommended for patients with diabetes or metabolic conditions.
2. Milk and milk derivatives
Milk and its derivatives are foods filled with vitamins, minerals, proteins and other important nutrients that provide the body with a lot of benefits.
While they cannot be ingested by people with lactose intolerance, those who are not bothered by it can consider it a great option for improving their mood.
- It is mainly known for containing tryptophan, an amino acid that reduces tension, irritability and insomnia.
- It contains significant quantities of vitamins A, B and D, as well as minerals like calcium and phosphorus, all of which are great for keeping the nervous system balanced.
3. Green tea
Green tea is one of the healthiest plants for the body. First, it helps with weight loss. Also, it has antioxidants that reduce the effects of oxidative stress and cognitive deterioration.
- It contains catechins and isoflavones, both beneficial for improving emotional health when dealing with hormonal imbalances.
- Its main ingredient, known as epigallocatechin gallate, minimizes the negative impact of free radicals and protects the health of the brain and nervous system.
- Also, it contains a substance known as L-theanine, which helps to block cortisol action, known as the stress hormone.
Spinach have been highlighted for their high content of essential nutrients and low caloric value.
It is one of the foods recommended to fight depression since its ingestion interferes with the brain chemistry. This improves the secretion of wellness hormones.
- Its main benefits for our mood come from its content of folic acids. This nutrient fights stress, anxiety and nervousness.
- It is concentrated with powerful antioxidants that, once ingested, promote the elimination of toxins and mitigate the impact of free radicals.
They are delicious, versatile and there essential nutrients provide us with important physical and mental health benefits.
- Their natural sugars, easily assimilated, increase the body’s energy levels and decrease feelings of fatigue and depression.
- They contain folic acid, vitamin C and phosphorus, all necessary for producing endorphins and serotonin correctly.
- It is an important source of tryptophan, an amino acid related to controlling depression and insomnia.
Honey is an energizing ingredient that is valuable for its high concentration of high quality nutrients that provide us with physical and emotional benefits.
- Its natural sugars act like a source of “fuel” for the cells, helping to maintain both great physical and mental performance.
- It contains enzymes and essential amino acids that, once absorbed, strengthen the nervous system and cerebral health.
- Its vitamins and minerals contribute to the improvement of serotonin synthesis, also known as the happiness hormone.
Are you going through an emotional difficulty? Do you easily feel stressed out? If so, and you want to change it, work to include these foods in your regular diet and you will see how great they are for maintaining your wellness.
Of course, to see great results, it will also help to drink more water as well as to practice relaxation techniques and to do physical activity.