You can start preventing premature aging of your skin at any time — no need to wait until you have wrinkles to start taking preventative measures.
Your skin will age; it’s inevitable. Although there are many ways to counteract it, at some point in our life we will have to accept it. The problem is that, it’s happening to many people prematurely. At very young ages, their skin is starting to looked unnaturally old.
While some of these signs can be masked with makeup, a lot of women are looking for ways to minimize them and keep them from happening. In addition to the use of anti-aging cosmetics and procedures, you’ll also need to improve your habits because many of them influence the health of your skin.
Starting early is considered the most effective method to prevent the appearance of spots, wrinkles and other imperfections. That’s why below we want to share the 6 best tips to start incorporating into your daily routine.
Check them out!
1. Use sunscreen
Direct exposure to the sun’s rays is one factor related to the appearance of premature signs of aging — and serious diseases such as skin cancer.
- Daily use of sunscreen acts as a barrier and also prevents burns and excessive dryness.
- Its use is recommended both on sunny days as well as cloudy days.
- If it’s very sunny out, SPF must be at least 30.
2. Consume antioxidants
Foods rich in antioxidants have the ability to mitigate the negative impact of free radicals on cells, which are responsible for accelerated aging.
- Antioxidants trigger the regeneration process of your skin and help keep it soft and protected.
- Fruits and raw vegetables contain great amounts of antioxidants. They are also in plants and grains.
3. Drink more water
Drinking enough water every day not only guarantees good functioning of your internal organs, but is also crucial for hydrating and oxygenating your skin. In fact, people who don’t drink enough fluids every day tend to be dehydrated and the dehydration can be seen in their skin.
- Drinking 6 to 8 glasses of water per day ensures proper hydration of the cells and therefore proper regeneration as well.
- Water detoxifies the blood and prevents blemishes caused by toxins.
4. Detoxify your body
Although drinking water facilitates your body’s detoxification processes, other measures are sometimes required to help your excretory organs work properly. The excessive accumulation of toxins deteriorates your cells and, in addition to aging your skin, can cause acne and skin diseases.
- It’s important to get into the habit of detoxifying your body regularly, whether it’s through fruits and vegetables or consuming detox beverages.
- Additionally, during the detoxification period, saturated fats, processed foods and sugar should be avoided.
5. Don’t smoke
In addition to nicotine, cigarettes contains dozens of toxic compounds that damage cells, accelerating the aging process of the skin.
- Excessive smoking causes the breakdown of collagen and reduces your body’s ability to absorb nutrients.
- Smokers have a high risk of getting skin diseases as well as minor skin problems like pimples.
The regular use of exfoliating products, at least once a week, is a good habit to get into to prevent premature aging of your skin. This type of treatment helps remove the cells and impurities that build up on the surface of your skin. This prevents them from blocking your pores.
- First, the grainy texture of exfoliants deeply cleanses your pores and prevents blackheads and acne.
- They contain vitamins and minerals that get absorbed and help your cells regenerate.
- Finally, they improve circulation and because of the improved oxygenation, help keep your tissues healthy.
Note: If your skin tends to be oily, exfoliants can be used up to 3 times a week. Otherwise, it is advised only once a week to avoid irritation.
Are you doing any of these things to prevent the premature appearance of wrinkles? If you aren’t, get started! After all, they’re easy and important if you want beautiful, radiant skin.