6 Foot Care Tips So They Always Look Impecable
Just like you exfoliate or massage other parts of your body, you should do the same for your feet. This way, you can make sure your feet are taken care of
Having perfect feet can actually be easier than you’d think. Simply take good enough care of them and follow a series of foot care tips so that they look perfect at all times.
Keep reading to find out more.
1. Keep Your Feet Dry
To achieve this, keep these simple steps in mind:
- Whenever possible, wear shoes made with natural, breathable materials.
- If possible, don’t wear the same pair of shoes too many days in a row.
- Always dry your feet after showering to prevent fungus from growing.
We recommend that you read: 3 Foot Fungus Remedies for a Total Solution
2. Cut Your Nails Correctly
The way that you cut your nails is very important to prevent ingrown toenails. To stop them from becoming ingrown, follow these recommendations:
- Cut your nails in a straight line, not rounded.
- Don’t cut them too short or it could cause infection or ingrown toenails.
- Don’t remove the cuticles. If it’s completely necessary, push them back to the base of the nail with a special nail spatula.
3. Keep Them Healthy
Sometimes, as hard as you may try, it’s impossible to avoid problems such as ingrown toenails. Keep your feet healthy simply by following these tips:
- The first thing you should do is put your feet in warm water for 15 or 20 minutes. Add a tablespoon of salt for every liter of water, and this will disinfect your feet.
- Use dental floss as a lever to lift the nail slightly: this way, you can clean the affected area with an antiseptic wipe and apply a cream to accelerate the healing process.
- Repeat this process until the nail is healthy again. However, if you see that it gets red or inflamed around the nail, don’t diagnose yourself – call your doctor.
4. Foot Baths with Baking Soda
There’s nothing like giving your feet a bath with this baking soda solution to give you healthy-looking feet with super smooth heels.
- So that it’s as effective as possible, you have to do it once per week for 15-20 minutes.
- You could use additional ingredients, such as salt, essential oils, and herbal infusions.
- After soaking in the foot bath, use a pumice stone or exfoliator to eliminate dead skin from your feet.
5. Moisturizing Cream
Although you may not believe it, moisturizing cream for your feet as just as important as moisturizing cream for your hands and face. It’s important that you don’t forget to apply it!
- When choosing a cream, opt for products that include components that smooth and soften your skin, like dimethicone, lanolin, and vaseline, and hydrating ingredients such as glicerin and lecithin.
- Avoid applying this type of cream in between your toes because this can cause foot fungus to grow.
6. Massage Your Feet
Foot massages are beneficial for a few different reasons, from activating circulation to relieving fatigue and maintaining healthy feet.
- All it takes is 5 minutes per day. You can also use a massager specially made for feet.
- You can also roll your feet on a the ground using a tennis ball or any other round object to help activate circulation.
7. Exfoliate Your Feet
Just like you exfoliate your face, you should do the same for your feet. This can be easy in both cases.
- Mix body oil and a few tablespoons of sugar in a jar.
- Apply it to your heels or other areas that you would like to exfoliate.
- By doing this, you’ll hydrate your heels and help remove dead cells because of the friction the sugar creates with your skin. It’s simple and cheap!