6 Foods to Help You Boost Lung Function
Did you know that capsaicin, aside from adding the spiciness to cayenne pepper, also gives it antiinflamatory and vasodilatory properties that optimize blood circulation and cellular oxygenation?
Their functions go further than the ones that filtering out toxins. In fact, they filter other microorganisms and harmful particles that enter the body through the respiratory airways.
However, lungs are constantly vulnerable to illnesses and complications. And, this is especially true if we maintain an unhealthy lifestyle.
Fortunately, there are ways to purify lung function naturally. Basically, we can give them the nutrients that they need to keep their tissues healthy and functions running.
One of the ways to clean them is eating organic foods that purify the body.
Below, we’ll share the best 6 foods for lung function. So, include these in your diet!
Thanks to their concentration of antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant components, onions are one of the foods that have been traditionally used to improve lung health and breathing.
- Onions are good for cleansing the lungs by helping eliminate the toxins that interfere smooth lung function.
- Their vitamins and minerals protect cells from oxidative stress and, among other things, they also improve the body’s defenses.
- They’re great for combating bacterial and viral infections because they strengthen the immune system.
Visit this article: 5 Treatments to Combat Hair Loss Using Onions
Although you should avoid eating excessive quantities of ginger, you can add it to your diet as a supplement to help purify your lungs.
- Its properties provide it with a gingerol concentration, which is an active antioxidant and anti-inflammatory active compound. It can inhibit the negative effects of free radicals.
- Ginger contains vitamins, minerals and essential oils that contribute to purifying lungs, reducing the impact of toxins on tissues.
- The root is antibacterial and antiviral, which means it helps prevent and treat certain common respiratory infections.
3. Cayenne pepper
The moderate consumption of cayenne pepper has interesting effects for lung function. It doesn’t only protect respiratory airways, but also soothes inflammations and purifies.
- Cayenne peppers contain a substance called capsaicin. It’s an active compound that, in addition to providing a spicy flavor, gives the pepper anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and vasodilatory properties.
- They improve blood circulation and, as a result, optimize the cellular oxygenation process.
- Reduces mucus membrane irritation in the respiratory airways and combats infections.
- The peppers act as a bronchodilator, which improves respiration in the cases of bronchitis and respiratory difficulties.
Pomegranates are fruits full of antioxidants, essential vitamins and minerals whose assimilation helps in purifying the lungs and respiratory airways.
- Their natural juice is a detox ingredient. So, we recommend it for eliminating toxins and metal particles that enter the respiratory system.
- Pomegranates offer vitamin A and vitamin C. These strengthen the immune system. As a result, they lower the risk of catching colds, the flu and other infections that compromise lung health.
- Also, pomegranates minimize the impact of free radicals. Thus, they help protect cells from cancer.
Apples are fruits that are recommended for those who decide to quit smoking. Their nutrients help detox lungs and, at the same time, control withdrawal symptoms.
- Rich in vitamins A, C and E, apples are antioxidants that improve lung function.
- They contain water, essential minerals and natural fibers that, when working together, hydrate tissues and help keep inflammatory processes in check.
Want to know more? Read: 5 Benefits of Eating Apples
Pumpkins are foods rich in top-notch nutrients that, when absorbed by the body, help protect cells and tissue.
- First, they have a high content of beta-carotene and vitamins E and C, which are necessary for protecting lungs from pathogens and toxins.
- Also, pumpkins have diuretic and anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe tissue inflammation. As a result, they help prevent obstructive complications.
- Additionally, they help improve immune functions. This is key for preventing lung damage and respiratory infections.
Are you having a hard time breathing? Are you congested and do you feel irritation in your respiratory airways? If you feel like your lungs are having a hard time working normally, try eating these foods more and take advantage of their properties.