6 Face Masks for Smooth Skin
In addition to consuming several servings of fruit a day, you can also use fruit topically in the form of facial masks to pamper your skin. Learn more in this article!
There’s a good reason to include fruit in your diet: it provides the nutrients you need to stay healthy. Today, however, we want to suggest some fruit-based face masks for smooth skin. You’ll love them!
They’re great for giving you the benefits of fruit that you might not otherwise like to eat. Plus, fruit face masks can help remove dead skin cells, as well.
When these cells build up in large quantities, they can cause skin spots, acne, and blackheads.
1. Pear and lemon juice face maskThe first of these fruit face masks is a great combination for oily skin.
Pear contains astringent properties that help cleanse your skin, which is essential to decreasing the production of your sebaceous glands.
- 1 pear, peeled
- The juice of 1 lemon
- First, place the pear (sliced) into a blender with the lemon juice and process until you get a homogeneous paste.
- Then, apply this mask to clean skin and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water.
It’s also a great mask to use to keep dry or combination skin under control.
We suggest you use it at night to avoid any sun spots caused by contact with lemon juice. It’s also important that you always remember to wear sunscreen when outside.
Do you want to know more? See: 8 beneficial fruits for your body
2. Apple and witch hazel
The minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants in apples are the perfect elements to contribute to the health of your skin.
In addition to eating an apple a day, you can use it to make your fruit mask of the day!
Witch hazel stimulates circulation, which makes your skin appear healthier.
- The juice from 1 apple
- 2 tablespoons of powdered witch hazel (20 g)
- First, mix the apple juice and witch hazel powder in a bowl.
- Then, using a cotton ball, apply this mixture to your skin.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes before rinsing with warm water.
3. Papaya and mangoBoth papaya and mango are perfect for fighting acne, so they’re very good for young skin that’s experiencing breakouts.
- 1 tablespoon of papaya pulp (10 g)
- A tablespoon of mango pulp (10 g)
- 1 tablespoon of honey (25 g)
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until you get a homogeneous paste.
- Apply it to clean skin and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with cool water.
- For the best results, repeat this once a week.
4. Orange and honey mask
Oranges have cooling properties, which make them great for facial treatments of any skin type, regardless of your age.
You can use this mask year round without affecting your wallet or your skin type.
- 3 tablespoons of honey (75 g)
- The juice from 1 orange
- Add the honey and orange to a saucepan and heat it over low heat.
- When the honey has blended with the juice, remove it from heat.
- Apply this mixture to clean skin, taking care to avoid the eye area.
- To improve the effects, while spreading this mask on your face you should tap the surface of the skin with your fingertips.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes and remove with warm water and a soft cloth.
This fruit mask is much less aggressive than the one made with lemon juice, but is equally effective if you’re looking for the astringent effects of citrus.
Either way, always remember to use sunscreen.
5. Banana and honeyIn addition, banana is great for helping people with dry complexions retain their natural glow while fighting dry skin. That’s why it’s such a great addition to many face masks.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon of:
- honey (25 g)
- yogurt (12 g)
- First, blend these three ingredients until you obtain a homogeneous paste.
- Then, apply this mixture to your skin. Leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse with warm or cool water.
6. Oats and banana
This mask will allow you to exfoliate your skin and give it extra softness.
Banana is a nutrient-rich fruit that helps preserve your skin’s natural moisture, preventing problems with dryness.
When you combine it with oats, you get a delicate scrub that’s capable of removing impurities and giving your face a fresh appearance.
- 1/2 rips banana
- 1 tablespoon of oats (10 g)
- First, mash the banana with a fork and add the oats.
- Then, mix well until you get a thick paste.
- Wash your face and spread the mask over your skin using a circular massage.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes.
- After, rinse with lukewarm water.
- To get the best results, repeat this procedure twice a week.
This last face mask is suitable for all skin types. If you have delicate skin and have struggled to find products that don’t irritate it, this could be the one you’re looking for.
Final recommendations when using fruit face masks
Finally, remember to wash your ingredients very well to remove any impurities that could affect your skin.
Before you do any facial treatment, it’s a good idea to do a steam bath first to open your pores and enhance the effects of the face masks.
Remember to rinse off these masks using plenty of warm or cold water.
Apply a mask at least once a week to get all the benefits.
You can use the fruit you have at home, even if it seems overly ripe. In fact, this is the best time to use it because it contains the most nutrients.