6 Exercises to Blast Abdominal Fat at Home
To reduce abdominal fat, not only should you be eating a balanced diet, you'll also need to do some targeted exercises, which will increase in length and intensity as you progress.
Most people know that it takes a lot of effort to eliminate abdominal fat. Unfortunately, this part of our bodies is quick to show the signs of excess fat from a sedentary life and poor eating habits. But most people want to be slimmer and healthier, and there are many ways and exercises to blast abdominal fat, and achieve the desired figure.
A lot of people fail to get rid of their abdominal fat because it takes more than just a good diet and slimming creams. Physical exercise is absolutely essential.
This habit is key for burning calories, but also for toning and strengthening the muscles in the area.
We’ve all heard the excuse of not having time to go to the gym, so we’re going to show you 6 specific exercises you can do at home to blast away the fat in your abdominal region.
Exercises to blast abdominal fat at home
Crunches tone the abdomen and fight fat deposits around your waistline.
- Lie down on your back on a yoga mat and put your feet flat on the floor with your needs bent.
- Put your hands behind your head and lift your body about 40° off the floor while controlling your breathing.
- Do 20-30 reps without stopping. Rest for 30 seconds and continue. Complete 3 sets.
- When you feel you need more resistance, increase the number of sets you do to five.
You might like:
2. Side planks
Side planks are great for burning abdominal fat. These will test your strength and will require more focus.
- Lie down on one of your sides on the yoga mat, with your legs stretched out.
- Put one hand flat on the ground and the other on your head – this should form a sort of triangle.
- Flex your elbow towards your waist
- Repeat this 8 to 30 times, rest for 30 seconds, and repeat the set twice more
- Turn over and repeat with other side.
3. Regular Planks
Planks are resistance exercises that work almost all the muscles in the body.
When done correctly, this exercise strengthens the lower back, glutes, legs, and, of course, your stomach.
- Lie face down on a yoga mat and place your forearms on the ground and lift your body from the tips of your toes.
- Your back should be straight, shoulders above the elbows, and buttocks slightly raised.
- Hold this position for 30-40 seconds, rest and repeat three times.
- As always, try doing these exercises every day while gradually increasing your endurance time to a minute or two.
4. Leg raises
This exercise focuses on the abdomen, legs and buttocks. Try to do them smoothly and gradually increase the intensity.
- Lie on your left side, support your head with your forearm and bend your knees to a 90° angle.
- Lift your hip and raise your right leg, without stretching it.
- Without lowering your leg, let your hip rest on the floor for a few seconds.
- Do 12 reps, then switch sides.
5. “V” crunches
This is one of many variations on crunches. This interesting exercise will test both your balance and physical strength.
- Sit on the ground with your arms at your sides. Lift your legs as you straighten your torso and lean back.
- Your body will make a “V” that will require you to hold your arms forward to keep your balance.
- Bend your elbows at a 90° angle and begin moving your arms back and forth as you try to hold the position.
- Try to do this for at least 40-60 seconds.
6. Classic sit-ups
Classic sit-ups are a great way to work your stomach. They tone, firm and help to reduce your waistline.
- Lie on a yoga mat, bend your knees and place your hands behind your head.
- Without lifting your feet or buttocks, raise your torso as if to touch your knees.
- Do 20 reps, rest and complete 3 sets.
Adopt a healthy lifestyle and say goodbye to abdominal fat
Remember that in addition to doing these exercises you should maintain an active lifestyle. Walk at least 30 minutes a day, stretch whenever you can and avoid staying in the same position for long periods of time.
Last but not least, remember to maintain a balanced diet and, in general, healthy and consistent lifestyle habits, not only to show off a more slender figure, free of abdominal fat, but also to enjoy good health.
Remember that there is no miraculous routine or habit to reduce your waistline. This is a challenge that requires commitment, discipline and a lot of perseverance.