6 Exercises to Effectively Combat Cellulite
Cellulite is normal fat that forms under the skin. It appears on the legs, glutes, abdomen and other visible areas of the body.
Many women consider it a body imperfection, since both thin and larger women suffer from cellulite to a greater or lesser extent.
Although cellulite is not a disease, because it does not directly affect health, most people look for ways to combat it to make their skin look better.
And although more than 90% of the female population suffers from it, it has always been considered a body imperfection that needs a remedy.
Fortunately it has been proven that a good diet and continuously exercising can diminish the appearance of these “dimples”, so that the skin looks smooth and firm.
Although the desired effects are not achieved immediately, it is worth incorporating these tips into your daily routine to reap the benefits.
As we know that many people try to get rid of cellulite, we would like to share the six best exercises to combat it.
Are you going to practice them?
Considered as one of the best exercises for firming and toning, squats have become an essential exercise among those who practice CrossFit and other types of training. Squats strengthen the thighs and buttocks, but also help burn calories and reduce sagging.
How to do them
- The difficulty level of this exercise varies according to your posture and whether you use additional weight.
- To begin with, you can do squats in the traditional way. To do this, you bend your knees and lower your buttocks as if you were going to sit down.
- After building up your resistance, you can do jump squats, or do squats while using a weighted bar or dumbbells.
See also: Exercises to Slim and Tone Your Thighs
Lunges or scissors are an exercise that diminishes the appearance of cellulite by toning the buttocks and legs.
This exercise works the quadriceps, hamstrings and glutes, so they strengthen these areas and make them firmer.
How to do them
- Stand with your back straight, put your right foot forward and put your left one back.
- Lean on the back foot and bend the front leg to a 90 degree angle.
- Check that your knee doesn’t go past the tip of your foot to avoid injuring yourself.
- Keep your chest straight, contract your abdominal muscles and try to hold this position for 5 seconds.
- Return to the starting position and do 10 to 15 repetitions.
Steps exercises are useful for increasing leg resistance and toning your buttocks.
How to do them
- Stand on a step or a bench, with your heels dangling from the edge.
- Rise gently on the tip of your feet and carefully return to the starting position.
- Complete 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
4. Abdominal Exercises
Since we know that cellulite can appear in the belly area it is advisable to include some abdominal exercises in the routine.
How to do them
- Lie on your back on a yoga mat with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- Put your hands on the nape of the neck, contract your abs and lift your body up towards your knees without straining your back.
- Slow down, breathe and perform 20 repetitions.
5. Stretching and balance exercises
This activity consists of balancing your body while stretching your legs.
You support your body on the palms of the hands and on one of the tips of the feet, so this exercise requires resistance.
Furthermore, because it tones the buttocks and legs, it is an excellent alternative to getting rid of cellulite in these areas.
How to do it
- Lie face down on a mat or rug, then support yourself on the floor with your palms and toes.
- Then, without bending your knee, raise one of your legs until it is parallel to the floor.
- Hold this position for three seconds, lower yourself slowly and repeat 15 or 20 times with each leg.
- Whenever you lift your leg, focus your strength on your buttocks and contract your abdomen.
6. Resistance band assisted legs lifts
For this exercise, you need to have an elastic resistance band, since it will allow you to adopt the correct posture and to exert greater force.
How to do it?
- Lie on your right side with your legs stretched out and put the resistance band around your ankles.
- Put your left leg over your right one and lift it as far as you can.
- Focus on keeping your leg straight without bending your knee, hold this position for five seconds, and then slowly lower your right leg.
- Repeat 15 or 20 times on each side.
Ready for the challenge? If you routinely do the exercises, you’ll see the positive results in a matter of weeks.
However, you should remember that these exercises should be complemented by a healthy and water-rich diet, since this helps remove toxins retained in the body.