6 Exceptional Yoga Poses for Losing Weight
In addition to being good at relaxing you and toning your muscles, certain yoga positions can be great at helping you lose weight.
Weight loss is a constant goal for many people. It’s not unusual to have tried all kinds of methods, even extreme diets or grueling exercises.
But have you considered yoga for losing weight?
Yoga is a viable and very effective option. If you’re trying to slim down, yoga can be a big help. Plus, it’s both easy and effective.
The best thing is that it’s easy to do, even if you haven’t been exercising or are very overweight.
Take a look at these best yoga poses for losing weight and start today!
1. The tree pose
The first weight loss yoga pose will help you firm and define your abs.
To do it, follow these steps:
- First, stand with your feet together.
- Next, place your left foot on top of your right knee to form an angle.
- Then, put your palms together at your chest and breath twice.
- On the third inhalation, lift your arms, keeping your hands together.
- Exhale while you twist your torso to the left.
- After, inhale again and stretch.
- Repeat the process with each foot three to five times, as you prefer.
“Check out this article: How Yoga Changed the Posture and Life of an 87-Year-Old Woman”
2. Warrier One
The next yoga pose for losing weight is great at slimming your abdomen and hips.
- First, stand with your feet together and arms at your sides.
- Net, inhale and lift your arms up towards the sides of your head.
- Then, exhale and bend your body forward.
- Inhale, and when you exhale, move your right leg back in a lunge.
- Your right leg should be extended and your left leg should be bent.
- Then, inhale and lift your arms; exhale and then return to your starting position.
Repeat the pose with each foot five times a day.
3. Bow pose
This pose requires a lot of energy and effort. That means it will help you burn calories and keep your metabolism going all day.
It will also strengthen your back and chest muscles.
- Start by laying face down, with your hands at your sides and your palms facing up.
- Bend your knees and try to grab your ankles with your hands.
- Be sure to maintain distance between your feet and hips.
- Hold for about thirty seconds and repeat three times.
The fourth yoga pose for weight loss will help massage your thyroid gland. This will encourage the release of hormones that control your metabolism.
- Start by laying face up with your legs bent and your feet hip-width apart.
- Lift your hips and keep them parallel to the floor.
- Place your arms underneath you and try to interlace your fingers.
- Hold for a minute, lower, and repeat two more times.
5. Plow pose
This yoga pose improves blood flow to your thyroids, pituitary gland, and adrenal gland.
It will help release more endorphins and hormones that regulate your metabolism.
- First, lay on your back with your legs stretched toward the sky while keeping your arms against your body and palms facing down.
- Then, use your hands to press down and lift your hips.
- Net, bring your legs back and try to touch the floor.
- Then, put your hands together like in bridge pose.
6. Bent arm plank
Our last weight-loss yoga pose will help tone your arms, shoulders, abs, and back.
- Start by extending your legs.
- Then, with your arms extended, supporting yourself on your toes, bend your arms and support yourself with your palms. Keep your abs tight.
- Hold for a few seconds and lower.
- Then, repeat at least three times.
Take advantage of yoga to lose weight
Practicing yoga or following a routine for a certain amount of time will help your body work better. You’ll find that the practice gives the cells in your body the oxygen they need to function properly.
You’ll see the positive affects of yoga in other areas, too. You’ll have:
- Less anxiety
- An increase in physical energy
- Better control of your emotions
- Fewer food binges and cravings for unhealthy foods
Overall, these yoga poses for losing weight aren’t just good for that end; they will also speed up your metabolism.
Your flexibility and balance will improve as well, and you’ll feel more relaxed and able to handle existing stress better.
The best thing of all is that they are easy exercises to do. They only require your willingness, comfortable clothes, and a few minutes.
Try it. You’ll love it!