There are small details in your beauty routines that, on occasion, can make you look older or even more tired than you actually are. They are unimportant things of which we are not even conscious, since sometimes we get dressed and put on our makeup in a hurry, without paying enough attention to the final result.
How about if starting now we keep in mind these errors in your beauty routine? If you correct them or avoid them completely, you will enhance your natural beauty even further. Don’t miss out!
1. Hair frizz and eye puffiness? A combination to avoid in your beauty routine.
There are days in which we do not have time to tame those curls or those waves and, as a consequence, the hair volume increases up causing that annoying “frizz” we all know. If in addition we have not put on a good concealer for those dark circles under the eyes, the end result will be unfortunate. We will project a very striking image of exhaustion.
What can I do?
1. For the frizz or ‘big hair’
- Wash your hair with warm water.
- Apply 3 ml of coconut oil to the hair, massaging it deep into the hair from the roots to the tips. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Wash with warm water, almost cool.
- Dry your hair with a hair dryer on the cool air setting, never hot, and without pulling up the hair too much.
2. For the eye puffiness
- Put two small teaspoons in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- After this time, apply each teaspoon under the eyes for intervals of 5 seconds (apply-remove-apply-remove). Do this for 5 minutes and, afterward, apply your makeup as normal using a good concealer that matches your skin color.
Your appearance will now be wonderful!
2. Do not use too much eye makeup or really dark lipstick
One thing or another. If we use too much eye makeup, such as mascara, eyeshadow, eye liner, and at the same time, we choose a bright lipstick color, such as red or brown, what we will really achieve is making our face look 5 years older than we really are.
It is best not to use an excess of makeup and always try to look natural. To do this, always decide what it is you want to highlight on your face. If it is your eyes, then look for a clear lipstick, such as nude or light pink. If you want the focus to be on your mouth, then just try to make your eyes shine, using subtle eyeshadow that gives them light, naturalness and freshness. You’ll look great!
3. Say yes to hair with gentle waves rather than pulled back very tight
There are days when we get the classic ponytail so tight that it stretches even our features. Do not go for something so exaggerated. You already know that, in terms of beauty, going natural is always the best. Thus, leaving your hair with soft waves is always more flattering to any face.
It does not matter whether your features are angular or oval, or if your face is more square: soft curls always smooth a face and offer unique beauty to every woman. Cheer up, waves are in!
4. Beware of blush and coloring!
Rouge or blush always seems to be an important element in our beauty routine. If we apply it wrong, however, we may project the classic image of a porcelain doll with pink cheeks. Also you must take special care with bronzing powders since, if not applied correctly, they can cause noticeable “splotches” that look artificial.
Remember to use a good brush to soften them properly. The result will be great.
5. Cosmetics do expire!
We must be very careful. Sometimes we tend to keep cosmetics, such as compact powders, in our beauty sets without ever turning them over to see what their expiration date is. It may surprise you!
And it is a direct risk to your health, since they are products that we apply to our eyes, our skin and our lips that can cause severe allergic reactions. Neither make the mistake of giving those cosmetics that you no longer use to your young daughters to play with, without first looking at the expiration date.
6. Combs and brushes should also be washed
Do you regularly wash your makeup brushes? And the sponges? And your hair brushes and combs? It’s very important! Anything that comes in contact with our skin should be washed and disinfected regularly to maintain proper hygiene, avoiding the accumulation of bacteria.
Hair brushes and combs accumulate anything from dandruff to oil, so do not forget to also wash them with hot water. Thus you will not only be caring for your beauty, but also your health. Do not forget!