Despite their bad reputation, bananas aren’t actually fattening. Instead, they’re a very nutritious food and a recommended part of a healthy diet.
You don’t need any preparation to enjoy a banana, making it one of the best options to have while on the go.
In this article, you’ll discover how to enjoy all the benefits bananas have to offer with these 6 simple and original tips.
Bananas are a delicious fruit that people of all ages can enjoy, both for its taste and how easy it is to eat at any time.
It’s a whole food, rich in carbohydrates balanced with a good amount of fiber and very little fat.
Because of this, this fruit gives us lots of energy without making us gain weight. It’s essentially the healthiest sweet you can eat.
Bananas also provide vitamins A, B and C, and minerals such as magnesium and potassium. Thanks to these nutrients, it’s an excellent superfood for children and athletes.
Among its many benefits, bananas are known to:
- Reduce hypertension.
- Avoid muscle cramps.
- Combat fluid retention.
- Calm heartburn.
- Regulate the nervous system.
6 ways to benefit from bananas
Here are some original and simple ideas for enjoying bananas every day in a different way.
1. Make your shakes creamier and more nutritious
Fruit smoothies aren’t the same without bananas, which adds a thicker and creamier texture without the need for dairy or other less healthy food.
- In addition, bananas have a strong flavor that allows us to add in other ingredients such as celery or fresh spinach. This makes the smoothie healthier without losing its delicious taste.
- Try mixing banana and pure cocoa to create a healthy and flavorful chocolate shake.
2. Less sugar
Bananas add a lot of sweetness to any recipe, allowing us to reduce the amount sugar needed without affecting the flavor.
Bananas can be combined with natural sweeteners such as stevia, maple syrup, or coconut sugar. This allows us to totally avoid adding regular sugar to our baking recipes.
3. Less flour, fewers eggs
- If you like to make homemade cakes, try substituting a part of the flour with a banana.Just making this small change will yield a more digestible and moist recipe.
It’s also a great alternative for people who have a gluten intolerance, or those who have trouble digesting certain carbohydrates.
- A very ripe banana can be mashed and used to replace eggs when baking.This is also a great alternative for vegans, who don’t eat any products that come from animals.
4. Instant breakfast
Want a quick, delicious and winning breakfast? Try making some homemade banana pancakes.
Ingredients (make 1 serving)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- Honey (optional)
- Jam, chocolate or peanut butter for topping the pancakes
- Beat the egg well using a fork or whisk.
- Add the banana. Use the fork to mash it well.
- Although the banana is already sweet, if you wish, you can add a bit of honey.
- Cook the dough in the pan like you would an omelet. Using a little oil, heat both sides until cooked through and soft.
- Once they’re ready, add any condiments and eat them while they’re hot.
5. Dried banana at any time
An easy to make snack consists of cutting a banana into very thin slices and baking them at a very low temperature, about 40° C, until they dry out and become crisp.
It’ll take about one to two hours, but you’ll be left with a snack ready to eat at any time of the day. This will help you avoid the urge to overeat unhealthy sweets.
6. Banana sorbet
If you have a food processor or a high power mixer, we recommend making a banana sorbet which is very fast and easy to prepare.
- You just have to freeze a ripe banana, then crush it in the processor until it is creamy and smooth like a sherbet.
- You can add several other ingredients, including cinnamon or cocoa powder.