6 Easy Exercises for a Firm Butt
Most women dream of having a firm, well-defined butt. However, many don’t know that adopting a healthy lifestyle and exercise routine is essential in order to obtain the perfect rear end.
Combining these two fundamental components tones muscle and reduces cellulitis, flab and stretch marks.
We understand that many people can’t get to the gym every day, so we want so share 6 quick and easy exercises you can do at home that won’t take up a lot of your time.
Try them out today!
Steps are an easy exercise to tone and increase the size of the buttocks. It’s a simple movement we do every day when we climb up and down stairs.
However, as a training exercise, we want to focus on the muscle groups to strengthen them.
- Stand with one foot firmly on the step.
- Push your hips back and step up, tightening your buttocks for a few seconds.
- Keep your hips and shoulders straight and your body straight.
- Slowly lower your foot back down and repeat the movement, alternating legs.
- When you feel you’ve mastered this exercise, you can increase the intensity with a pair of dumbbells.
2. Hip raises
Doing hip raises is a really effective exercise you can do just about anywhere. They’re great for toning your buttocks, legs and abdomen.
- Lie on your back on an exercise mat and bend your knees at a 90° angle.
- With your feet flat on the floor, tilt your pelvis to press your lower back flat against the floor. Keep your hips tilted throughout the motions of this exercise to prevent injury.
- Raise your hips as high as you can without arching your back.
- Hold this position for 10 to 20 seconds, then rest.
3. Barbell squats
Squats are an excellent exercise for the perfect butt. This movement helps burn fat and is great for building muscle mass.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, bend your knees and lower your body until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Don’t let your knees extend beyond the end of your feet.
- Support a barbell on your shoulders or grab some small dumbbells and start moving up and down.
- Do 3 sets of 20 repetitions.
This exercise isn’t as well known. It involves keeping your spine straight as you move your hips.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and your head in a neutral position.
- Slowly bend forward, keeping your back straight.
- Slightly bend your knees and push your hips back until your upper body is parallel to the floor.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, then push your hips forward and tighten your glutes.
5. Dumbbell lunge
Classic lunges can be enhanced with a pair of dumbbells for better results.
- Take a dumbbell in each hand and take a step forward with your left foot.
- Your knee should bend for the thigh to form a 90° angle with the floor and your right leg should almost be touching the floor.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, then immediately repeat with the other leg.
- Do between 10 and 15 alternating reps.
Check out this article: Best and Worst Exercises for Knee Pain
6. Side bends with a resistance band
You can find resistance bands in many stores that carry exercise equipment.
Although not the heaviest of equipment, they do make it easier to do resistance exercises.
In this case, we’re going to be working the muscles of the thighs and buttocks with a simple exercise that will only take you a few minutes to do each day.
- Step on the rubber band with both feet. Separate your feet just enough to make a square.
- Take 8 steps to the left, 8 steps forward, 8 steps to the right and 8 steps back.
As you can see, there are many simple exercises you can do for the perfect butt.
Remember that the results will largely depend on what you eat and how often you exercise.