6 Cardio Exercises That You Can Do at Home
In addition to cycling or running, there are many other cardio exercises that you can practice without leaving home and that provide your body with countless benefits.
To stay healthy, it’s essential to be in shape. Although many are lucky to have a slender body without much effort, it’s always necessary to exercise. In this case, cardio exercises are the best.
Many times, we think that the exercise involves hours upon hours in a gym. We believe that this is the only way to burn the fat that we have left and that we dislike so much.
Exercises to cardio are those indicated to burn all that excess fat. In addition, they’re excellent for maintaining good heart and lung conditions. This’ll help you stay healthy.
You must remember that before any exercise, it’s important to perform stretching to warm up your muscles and joints to avoid injury.
1. Jump rope
The first thing you need to perform this exercise is to look for a rope with the optimal length for your height.
Next, just go for it! This is a very easy exercise to perform, but one that needs balance, strength, coordination of movements and, of course, resistance.
The faster you perform cardio exercises, the better your results will be.
- In this exercise, you should jump very fast and move the forearms in complete coordination.
- If you jump rope for 20 minutes daily, you’ll lose a lot of accumulated fat, while toning your muscles.
2. Stair climbing
This is a very simple but very effective exercise. The only thing we must have is a lot of willingness and desire to get in shape!
- In this exercise, simply go up and then go down the stairs quickly.
- Your back must always be straight (and you must be careful not to trip!).
- Perform this exercise for 3 minutes in a row, then rest and drink a little water.
This is an exercise that requires a lot of dedication, but in reality it’s very simple. You can even do it at home and obtain very favorable results.
Turn your stopwatch on and try to make the most repetitions with a lot of speed.
- You must start with your back straight. Then, you should bend down with the palms of your hands resting completely on the ground.
- Stretch your body and perform push-ups with your arms, then quickly tuck your knees into your chest.
- Then, get up quickly in one jump.
This is an exercise that you must perform very quickly and without stopping. Do a minimum of ten repetitions, and next time increase a little more.
4. Jump with your knees near your chest
This is an excellent exercise to do cardio.
- To do this, you must stand with your back straight and your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Once ready, you must perform jumps while raising your knees to try to touch your chest.
- Do 10 repetitions, slowly and as high as you can, rest for a minute and repeat the action again.
See also: 6 Ways to Firm Your Gluteal Muscles
5. Jumping jacks
- To do this exercise, stand on a flat surface, keeping your back straight.
- Then, leap in a jumping jack.
- This is an exercise that requires speed, agility and coordination.
- Perform at least 20 repetitions.
To perform this exercise, you must stand up with your back straight. The exercise consists of turning from one side to the other while doing a small jump that makes you suspend yourself a few inches from the ground.
- You should always keep your abdominal muscles contracted and your back completely straight.
- Do this exercise for three minutes, without stopping. Then, rest and drink some water.
As you could see, theses cardio exercises are really simple. You can spend some time each day to perform a routine that will help you enjoy good health. Always remember to have a bottle of water by your side when you exercise, as it’s important to stay hydrated.