6 Cardio Exercises That You Can Do at Home
Leading an active lifestyle can be very beneficial to your health. This isn’t a positive statement we’re making just to motivate you to move and look slim, but a reality that’s been part of the work of many researchers and institutions such as the World Health Organization. Cardio exercises tend to be highly recommended, since they not only help burn calories and lose weight, but also help release accumulated tension and add wellness.
So, doing cardio not only helps you build endurance, burn calories, and lose weight, it also helps you be more energetic every day and improve your mood. Have you started doing cardio yet? You should!
Cardio exercises you can do at home
We must keep in mind that before performing any type of exercise, at first, we must stretch to warm up the muscles and joints and avoid injury.
1. Jump rope
The first thing you need to perform this exercise is to look for a rope with the optimal length for your height.
Next, just go for it! This is a very easy exercise to perform, but one that needs balance, strength, coordination of movements, and, of course, resistance. The faster you perform cardio exercises, the better your results will be.
- In this exercise, you should jump very fast and move the forearms in complete coordination.
- If you jump rope for 20 minutes daily, you’ll lose a lot of accumulated fat, while toning your muscles.
2. Stair climbing
This is a very simple but very effective exercise. The only thing we must have is a lot of willingness and desire to get in shape!
- In this exercise, simply go up and then go down the stairs quickly.
- Your back must always be straight (and you must be careful not to trip!).
- Perform this exercise for 3 minutes in a row, then rest and drink a little water.
This is an exercise that requires a lot of dedication, but in reality, it’s very simple. You can even do it at home and obtain very favorable results. Turn your stopwatch on and try to make the most repetitions with a lot of speed.
- You must start with your back straight. Then, you should bend down with the palms of your hands resting completely on the ground.
- Stretch your body and perform push-ups with your arms, then quickly tuck your knees into your chest.
- Then, get up quickly in one jump.
- Do a minimum of ten repetitions, and the next time, increase a little more.
Note: This is an exercise that you must perform very quickly and without stopping. Do a minimum of ten repetitions, and next time increase a little more.
4. Jump with your knees near your chest
Jumping with your knees to your chest is an excellent cardio exercise. It follows the same line as burpees in terms of intensity, so we must do several consecutive jumps ─without stopping─ in order to get the most out of the exercise.
- To do this, you must stand with your back straight and your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Once ready, you must perform jumps while raising your knees to try to touch your chest.
- Do 10 repetitions, slowly and as high as you can, rest for a minute, and repeat the action again.
See also: 6 Ways to Firm Your Gluteal Muscles
5. Jumping jacks
To vary your jumps a little, you can resort to jumping with your legs open, as it is another perfect exercise to do cardio and get in shape.
- To do this exercise, stand on a flat surface, keeping your back straight.
- Then, leap in a jumping jack.
- This is an exercise that requires speed, agility, and coordination.
- Perform at least 20 repetitions.
To perform this exercise, you must stand up with your back straight. The exercise consists of turning from one side to the other while doing a small jump that makes you suspend yourself a few inches from the ground.
- You should always keep your abdominal muscles contracted and your back completely straight.
- Do this exercise for three minutes, without stopping. Then, rest and drink some water.
Include these exercises in your routine and have fun doing cardio!
As you can see, the cardio exercises we showed you are really simple. You can dedicate a couple of hours every day to performing a routine that will help you enjoy good health.
Remember to always have a bottle of water by your side when exercising, it’s important to stay hydrated in order to perform well and avoid discomfort such as cramps.It might interest you...