6 Body Exfoliants Made with Rice
Rice is one of the most consumed foods throughout the world. Plus, it’s the second most produced grain.
Actually, there are countless different uses for rice. However, in the wide world of aesthetics, this grain is extremely useful when it comes to helping with the care and regeneration of the layers that make up your skin. It’s often used as a body exfoliant.
In this article we’ll share some of the benefits of rice when it comes to exfoliating your skin.
After all, this particular grain is incredibly versatile, and has been used for a long time.
For example, in Japan it was common for some women to wash their hands and soak their hair in rice water. As a result, they would have shiny, soft hair and a softer, more delicate look to their hands.
As you can see, rice’s benefits are not limited to gastronomy. It also has multiple cosmetic benefits, including exfoliation.
- Applying it to your face helps to regenerate dead cells, makes it softer, and gives you a younger look.
- This doesn’t even include its power to neutralize acidic pH which, in the long run, is linked to the appearance of acne.
Now, we’ll share 6 rice combinations that include other natural products, which increase its incredible exfoliating properties. Trust us, when it comes to taking care of your skin, rice is the crown jewel.
6 rice combination exfoliants
Learn how something so simple can make such a big difference!
1. Rice exfoliant
You’re at home and you have time to retouch a bit, but you don’t want to spend a lot of money. Also, you’re hoping to find a useful recipe for eliminating black heads and acne or that will help with the deterioration of the quality of your skin.
As you continue, you’ll find an effective and simple way to fight these problems.
- 5o grams of unwashed white rice
- 1 tablespoon of organic coconut oil
- Take the rice and grind it until you have a powder and mix it with the coconut oil.
- After you have a homogenous mixture, use circular motions to rub it onto your face.
- Let the cream sit for about 5 to 10 minutes, then rinse it off.
- Use 2 or 3 times a week and you will notice a difference.
2. Rice and honey exfoliant
Believe it or not, both honey and rice are incredible ingredients when it comes to caring for your skin. Both have some amazing rejuvenating properties that will noticeably help to beautify your skin.
Find out how to prepare this exfoliant with the following ingredients:
- 50 grams of organic brown rice powder (the rice can contain bran)
- 6 tablespoons of organic whole grain rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of pure honey
- 1 cup of organic, free-grazing cow’s milk (hormone-free)
- Cook the 6 tablespoons of whole grain rice with a lot of water.
- Grind the 50 grams of organic rice along with the cooked rice until you have a lump-free cream. The water will be used to get rid of the lumps as much as possible.
- Add the tablespoon of honey and mix.
- Then, with all of the ingredients correctly mixed, add the tablespoon of cow milk and beat.
- Once it is well mixed and you have a cream, let sit until it cools.
- Apply to your skin with firm, circular movements. Rinse and repeat 2 to 3 times a week.
3. Rice and oats exfoliant
This is ideal for soft skin and for treating skin that has suffered damage caused by acne or sun spots.
- 1 cup of rice
- 1/2 cup oats
- 4 cups of water
- 5 drops of your preferred essential oil
- If the rice isn’t organic, you should wash it.
- Take the rice and the oats; put them in the water and let sit (soak) for at least 6 hours.
- Strain and dry completely of any water.
- Add the drops of essential oil, beat manually, and it’s ready!
- Keep in a glass container and keep in the fridge.
4. Rice flour exfoliant
The known benefits of this grain don’t just come from the rice grain itself. In a ground up form (like flour) its properties are the same.
Learn how to make this exfoliant at home.
- 2 tablespoons of rice flour
- 4 tablespoons of water
- Mix the rice flour with the water until you have a compact paste. To achieve this, stir the two ingredients with the help of a spoon.
- Apply the resulting mask to your clean face and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, rinse off the mask with a lot of warm water and start to show off your amazing skin.
5. Rice and sugar exfoliant
Yes, you read that right. The health and cosmetic benefits of sugar, accompanied by the properties of rice, are actually amazing for you face.
Learn how to make it:
- 2 tablespoons of refined white sugar
- 6 tablespoons of organic white rice
- 3 small cups of water
- In a container, add the water and the tablespoons of sugar.
- Cook the 6 tablespoons of rice over a low flame. Once it’s ready, let it cool.
- Mix all of the ingredients well using a blender.
- Let sit for about an hour.
- Apply it to your face in circular motions, then rinse.
6. Milk and rice as exfoliants
This trick is so simple and is highly recommended for hydrating your skin. It also helps for eliminating excess oil and dead cells on your face.
Both milk and rice take the important role of cleansing your face and giving it elements such as vitamin E and D, which are essential for the skin’s regeneration.
Now, using these cooked ingredients can cause some issues. Remember, every person’s skin as a different pH, meaning it’s impossible to calculate the necessary amount of acidic and neutral agents just by looking. In this case, it’s best to use the milk with rice in its raw form.
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 tablespoon of rice
- Add all of the ingredients to a container and mix, without cooking, for 10 minutes.
- Then, use your hands to apply it to your face with firm circular motions.
- Rinse with a lot of water and repeat if necessary.