6 Best Fruits to Detox Your Body
Adding these fruits to your holiday menu will help improve your digestion and cleanse your body from any excess toxins you consume
It’s time to counteract the effects of toxins in the body during the excesses of the holidays. For starters, there are some habits that have been around for many years to detox your body. Luckily, you can detox your body with healthy fruits.
When your body is working around the clock to process excess consumption of food, sugar, and alcohol, you need to provide a surplus of nutrients to reduce the strain you’ve caused at the time.
Fortunately, you don’t need to resort to strict plans or expensive supplements to deal with this problem.
Although your holiday diet might not be perfect, you can increase your consumption of certain healthy fruits that will stimulate your body’s natural detox.
Do you want to know more about them? Find out what the top six are.
1. LemonsLemons are among the best fruits that detox your body. Also, they improve your digestion and kidney health.
- The high vitamin C content helps boost your body’s natural defenses, especially after alcohol consumption.
- This fruit has a slight alkaline effect that reduces acidity caused by consuming too much food.
- The antioxidants protect your tissues against the harmful action of toxins and aid in the digestion of fats.
See also: teas that fight digestion problems
Eating plain guava fruit or drinking guava juice stimulates your liver and kidney function, helping to eliminate any waste products that they retain.
- This fruit contains more vitamin C than any other, which makes it an incredible ally for your immune system.
- It provides lots of dietary fiber, which improves your digestion and promotes healthy bowel movements.
- It reduces the excess production of acids in the stomach and helps reduce any symptoms of indigestion.
- It’s also ideal for fighting hangovers, because it increases your energy levels and facilitates the metabolism of toxins.
3. GrapefruitGrapefruit is already well known for its diuretic, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties. It’s a low calorie food that has been popular for some time thanks to its slimming effects.
What many people don’t know is that grapefruit is also one of the best foods for cleansing the bloodstream.
- It contains antioxidants that improve your kidney function, helping to remove toxins through the urine.
- These also protect your cells against oxidative stress and prevent imbalances in the body’s inflammatory processes.
- The mild fiber content improves your digestion and prevents any discomfort associated with overeating.
Most melons are composed almost entirely of water. This, and the antioxidants that they contain, make them both cleansing and digestive.
- The diuretic effects fight fluid retention and facilitate the removal of waste through the urine.
- Melons contain B complex vitamins, which are necessary for helping the body recover from excess.
- The vitamins and minerals fight a loss of nutrients caused by dehydration from drinking alcohol.
- Digestion will be improved, and the excess production of acids can be reduced.
We recommend you read: Melon, spinach, and grape smoothie for tired muscles
5. Green applesWhen you eat an apple a day, you help detox your body naturally.
- Green apples are an important source of antioxidants and essential minerals that improve the function of your liver, kidneys, and colon, guaranteeing the proper elimination of waste.
- They contain large quantities of dietary fiber, especially in the peel, which helps improve digestion.
- Organic acids in apples regulate the pH of your stomach and prevent discomfort, such as heartburn.
The combination of too much food and alcohol can negatively influence your digestion.
Because prunes are rich in dietary fiber, they can stimulate your intestines and avoid any blockage when it comes to eliminating waste.
- Antioxidants protect your cells against the negative impacts of toxins from food and alcohol.
- These “feed” the bacterial flora of your intestines, improving your immune system.
- Prunes have mild anti-inflammatory effects too, which fight abdominal swelling.
- Finally, they give your body energy after many sleepless nights and bad habits.
Do you add these foods to your diet during the holidays? If you still haven’t done so, try increasing their consumption to enjoy the benefits.
At the same time, try avoiding excess as much as possible and drink plenty of water.