Pineapple is a delicious tropical fruit that’s been treasured for centuries thanks to how versatile it is in the kitchen and for nutrition.
It’s a diuretic, it improves digestion, and has anti-inflammatory properties. All of these benefits are key to preventing and treating a wide variety of conditions.
In addition, it has a high fiber content, as well as phytosterols and bromelain. These are all essential substances that promote the elimination of toxins in the body.
Pineapple is also a natural source of powerful antioxidants that protect cells against damage caused by free radicals in the environment.
To top it off, it’s a low calorie fruit that can complement any diet for those who are trying to lose weight in a healthy way.
In today’s article, we want to share some of its great benefits with you, along with a simple recipe to prepare pineapple water at home.
1. It strengthens your immune systemPineapple water contains concentrated doses of vitamin C, an essential nutrient for strengthening your immune system.
When you drink it on an empty stomach, it decreases your risk of viral infections and other diseases associated with viruses, bacteria, and fungi.
Visit this article: How to prevent yeast infections
2. It cleanses your liver and colon
Digestive enzymes and the antioxidants contained in pineapple stimulate better liver function to help you avoid difficulties during the elimination of toxins.
These cleansing qualities facilitate filtration of your bloodstream. Meanwhile, they also increase oxygen delivery to the cells and stimulateg the expulsion of waste.
Finally, it also exerts a slight laxative effect on your intestines. This improves your bowels and prevents constipation.
3. It’s good for your thyroidPineapple water contains iodine and other essential minerals that support the proper function of the thyroid gland.
Its regular intake decreases your risk of developing a thyroid disorder. In addition, it can also help control some of its symptoms in people who already suffer from one.
Bromelain, the active compound in pineapple, prevents the development of autoimmune diseases that can also be associated with thyroid malfunction.
4. It controls inflammation
Bromelain, the digestive enzyme found in pineapple, has a powerful anti-inflammatory effect. It really benefits the body’s tissues and systems.
Its regular intake can improve the quality of life for patients with inflammatory disorders like arthritis and bone disease.
It’s also a great way to reduce abdominal fat. After all, it controls inflammation of the intestines and excessive production of gas.
5. It fights fluid retentionFluid retention is a problem that can increase your risk of chronic diseases, such as high blood pressure and arthritis.
While treating fluid retention involves changes in your lifestyle, consuming pineapple water on a daily basis can speed up your recovery.
This beverage has potent diuretic effects that improve kidney function and the processes that are responsible for regulating fluids in your tissues.
6. It prevents urinary tract infections
In addition, this natural pineapple beverage is an excellent treatment against infections that affect the urinary tract.
First of all, it increases your production of urine and improves renal function. That’s why consuming pineapple water facilitates the destruction of pathogens that cause this type of disease.
In addition to that, it has a slightly alkaline effect, so it alters the environment that microorganisms need to proliferate.
See also: Home remedies for hives
How do you make pineapple water?By consuming pineapple water on a regular basis, you can supplement your recommended daily consumption of plain water to improve your health and stay hydrated.
In fact, this is the healthiest way to drink water. After all, it also provides your body with plenty of essential nutrients.
- 1/2 pineapple with the rind
- 1 liter of water
- First, cut the pineapple into smaller pieces without removing the rind.
- Then, add it to a pot with a liter of water and bring it to a boil. After, reduce to low heat.
- After five minutes, remove from heat and let sit for a couple of hours.
- Strain off the liquid and consume it.
- Avoid adding any sugar or other type of sweetener.
How to drink it
- Drink one cup of this beverage on an empty stomach and save the rest for small doses throughout the day.
As you can see, pineapple water has plenty of medicinal benefits that are worth trying. Include it in your regular diet and you’ll see the positive health effects for yourself!