Cucumber Water for Beauty and Health
Cucumber water is great for beauty and health and it's also a natural, rather refreshing drink you must include in a healthy lifestyle. Continue reading to find out more about it.
Possible beauty and health benefits of drinking cucumber water
1. Great for weight loss
Given that cucumber is rich in water, it contains electrolytes that contribute to hydration. Especially during the hottest months or after exercise.
Try adding a few cucumber slices to your pitcher along with some fresh mint leaves if you find it hard to drink water by itself. This is a lightly flavored, natural drink, suitable for regular consumption.
2. Cucumber water for beauty and abdominal swelling
Drinking beverages made with cucumber (flavored water, smoothies, and the like) can help you stay hydrated and urinate regularly. As a result, you can reduce the swelling of your abdomen (only when you retain liquids).
Keep in mind that it should be a part of a healthy lifestyle for it to help flatten your abdomen. Otherwise, it won’t provide the desired results.
We recommend reading Seven Exercises to Prevent Sagging and Premature Wrinkles
3. Regulate intestinal transit and thus improve your beauty with cucumber water
When we consume cucumber, we are getting fiber, which is essential to maintain a good intestinal transit.
4. Improve your skin health and thus your beauty by drinking cucumber water
It’s true that cucumber (or rather, some of its compounds) are used by the cosmetic industry in all sorts of skincare products. However, there’s no scientific evidence that applying cucumber water to the skin has any positive effect on it.
In fact, some dermatologists recommend not using such products because they could lead to irritation instead of providing relief.
However, drinking cucumber water can definitely contribute to the beauty of your skin. This is because it helps supplement your diet and obtain essential amino acids.
4. It has anti-hemorrhagic properties
Cucumber’s high content of vitamin K collaborates with blood platelets when the body needs to repair damaged tissue.
- Thanks to its benefits, it controls hemorrhages and helps stop them while at the same time, preventing the formation of blood clots.
- The daily intake of cucumber juice improves vascular conditions, especially in people who are predisposed to suffering hemorrhages and blood clots.
5. Provides maximum shine for your hair
According to popular belief, cucumber juice can contribute to the health of your hair by moisturizing it from root to tip and make it silky and shiny.
Find out if Your Hair Is Dry and Damaged
Since cucumber peel contains vitamin C, it is believed that its consumption could help maintain the body’s health, strengthen the immune system and, in a way, prevent colds and flu. However, experts point out that this subject should be studied in greater depth.
Cucumber is a low-calorie fruit with low carbohydrate content, in comparison to other vegetables, and high water content.
- Cucumber water provides small amounts of provitamin A (beta carotenes), lutein, and even smaller proportions of other B vitamins, such as niacin, thiamine, riboflavin
- As for minerals, it doesn’t contain much and potassium is the most abundant one. It contains phosphorus and magnesium in a smaller proportion
- The peel is rich in vitamin C. In fact, 100 grams of cucumber cover more than 15% of its recommended daily intake
Finally, you can easily include cucumber water into your daily diet. Now, don’t limit yourself and eat it in many other ways.