6 Ways Argan Oil Benefits Your Skin
It hails from the seeds of the argan tree, originating in Morocco. Argan oil has a high concentration of antioxidants, fatty acids, and amino-acids.
Recently, many companies use argan oil in their beauty products. However, you can also find it in a completely pure and natural state.
Also Read: Beauty Products to Stop Using
While mixing argan oil to conventional treatments can have great results, there are some people who prefer to use it naturally in order to get the maximum advantage out of its nutrients.
Knowing that many people haven’t tried it out yet, we’d like to share the 6 main benefits to skin care of the oil in this article.
1. It’s a natural moisturizer
The texture of argan oil differs from other kinds of oils and, despite the difference, it’s one of the best moisturizing products for keeping skin hydrated.
Its high content of fatty acids, as well as Vitamin E, stimulates the production of natural oils and regulates the skin’s pH levels.
See Also: Six Foods With High Vitamin E Content
- Put a small amount of argan oil into the palm of your hands and immediately rub it into the areas that you wish to hydrate.
- Massage for 2 or 3 minutes, until the oil has been absorbed completely.
2. It helps combat acne
The anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory compounds found in this organic product make for a promising treatment against pimples.
They help clean out obstructed pores and, as if that wasn’t enough, they promote cell regeneration as well.
- Moisten a cotton ball with some argan oil and apply it over the areas affected by acne.
- Leave it for the skin to absorb without washing off. Repeat use every night before going to bed.
3. It’s an excellent lip balm
Instead of investing in costly lip balms, you can opt to use a small amount of argan oil.
It lends your skin Vitamin E, fatty acids, and antioxidant compounds. These can help protect the skin in this delicate area from the environment.
- Apply a small amount of oil on your fingertips and massage it into your lips.
- Leave it until it’s absorbed, without washing it off.
- Use it up to 2 times a day.
4. Soothes burns
Applying argan oil to burns can help you recover from light damage to your skin.
The healing properties come from its Vitamin E, healthy fats, and amino-acids. They aid in the process of cellular regeneration.
- Clean the area of the burn.
- Rub in a small amount of argan oil into the area.
- Let the skin absorb it completely and repeat its use 2 times a day.
- After applying, avoid contact with sunlight.
5. Helps prevent stretchmarks
Using argan oil daily is a great alternative to the commercial creams available for preventing stretchmarks.
Argan oil has significant amounts of vitamins A and E as well as amino-acids that improve skin’s elasticity in order to prevent its fiber from rupturing.
It’s especially good to try out if you’re pregnant.
- Put a little argan oil into the palm of your hand and immediately rub it into the areas where stretchmarks might appear.
- Massage the areas for 5 minutes until the oil has been completely absorbed.
- Repeat its use every night before going to bed.
6. Argan oil reduces risk of premature ageing
Thanks to its wealth of essential fatty acids and antioxidants, this natural oil makes for an economical solution for preventing premature signs of ageing.
Some people recommend using this substance on the areas around of the eyes to prevent the feared “crow’s feet”. However, feel free to use it for any other area of your body.
- Apply a few drops of argan oil onto your fingertips and rub it into the entire area around the corners of your eyes and mouth.
- If you’d like, rub it into your forehead, neckline and other areas where signs of ageing usually appear.
- Repeat use every night.
Want to beautify your skin while saving money? Try argan oil out for yourself and discover the strong ally it is for beauty.
You might not see instant effects, but you might start seeing see more and more radiant skin with time. Best of all, it won’t be as expensive as most store-bought solutions.