6 Bad Habits That Age You Faster Without You Noticing It
Bad habits such as smoking and a sedentary lifestyle can make your skin deteriorate faster, thus causing premature aging.
At some point in your life, you’ll have no choice but to accept that the signs of aging are a part of the biological processes that your body goes through. However, there are some bad habits that age you prematurely without you noticing it.
Your skin, like the other organs, undergoes a series of changes over time. Therefore, it’s normal for it to begin developing age-related wrinkles and imperfections between the ages of 45 and 50.
The problem is that you usually overlook the things that damage the dermis and you may start to notice skin deterioration that affects your self-esteem.
While there are many products and treatments that can counteract it, it’s inevitable that you may notice signs of aging if you don’t change some bad habits.
What can you do to avoid this situation? Well, besides improving your beauty routine, it’s best to you correct the bad habits that age you faster. Read on to find out what they are!
Bad Habits That Age You Faster That You Usually Ignore
People should start caring for their skin from their youth. Although many try to fight the signs of aging when they begin to appear, the most effective way to avoid them is caring for your skin before they develop.
There are a lot of toxins and volatile particles in the environment that have a negative impact on your dermis. Therefore, if you want to avoid premature aging, you should stay away from them.
It’s also true that genetic factors influence how soon wrinkles appear. But a healthy lifestyle can delay this process and, incidentally, improve your quality of life. Without further ado, let’s review the bad habits that age you faster so you can kick them to the curb.
Wearing too much makeup
All women use makeup to look more beautiful. What many people ignore is that wearing too much makeup has negative consequences for skin health.
The residues of these products accumulate in the pores and cause many imperfections. Furthermore, they don’t let the tissues oxygenate properly since they cause clogging and blockages.
- Try to avoid using makeup when it isn’t necessary. Your skin needs to breathe naturally.
- Clean your face every day to remove any cosmetic product residue.
Cigarettes are full of chemicals that affect respiratory health and promote premature skin deterioration. Toxins affect the cellular oxygenation process and interfere with tissue regeneration.
On the other hand, they cause dehydration, so smoking a lot can dry out and weaken the skin. This obviously accelerates the appearance of wrinkles and blemishes, even from a young age.
- Try to stop smoking. Although it’s not easy, there are a lot of things you can do to achieve it.
- If you don’t smoke, try not to expose yourself to cigarette smoke. This smoke isn’t harmless at all and contains skin damaging particles.
Not using sunscreen
Using sunscreen every day is one of the best ways to prevent premature aging. This product minimizes UV impact on the dermis.
It’s not enough to use it on sunny days or at the beach. The sun’s rays always find a way to seep in, even when it’s cloudy. Therefore, you should use it daily with no exceptions.
- Apply an SPF 30 or higher sunscreen before exposing yourself to direct sunlight.
- To complement it, use clothes that will protect your skin from the sun’s rays: long shirts, hats, sunglasses, and so on.
Sleeping very little
Poor quality sleep leads to noticeable negative consequences on your skin’s health. When you sleep, processes that help reduce the attacks suffered by your skin issue occur. Sleeping less than 7 hours a day affects circulation and has a bearing on the appearance of premature wrinkles, eye bags, and saggy skin.
- Try to go to sleep and wake up at the same time to not disturb your sleeping patterns.
- If you have trouble sleeping, try to find the cause of your insomnia to treat it as soon as possible.
This is one of the bad habits that ages you the fastest. The nutrients you get from food are essential for healthy and youthful skin. This is why you’re more likely to have skin imperfections if you don’t ear right.
Excessive fat and sugar intake, as well as an excessive consumption of processed products, affects collagen and elastin production and accelerates aging. Unfortunately, many food products are also loaded with toxins and harmful chemicals. Eating these foods affects circulation and thus interferes with oxygenation.
- Try to eat more organic foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean meats.
- Avoid processed meats and bakery products as much as you can.
- Replace soft drinks and sodas with water.
A Sedentary lifestyle
Leading a sedentary lifestyle has a lot of health consequences. What many don’t know is that it somehow negatively affects the skin.
You must exercise in order to have a great toned body. If you exercise daily, you eliminate many toxins that can accelerate aging.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes a day.
- If you have any physical limitations, go see a specialist to see what’s the perfect activity for you.
Now that you know the bad habits that age you faster, try to lead a healthier life. This will undoubtedly help promote your well-being.