50 Fun Questions for Kids
Entertaining and amusing the little ones at home isn’t an easy task to do. Ideally, you should alternate the strategies you use, and, in this way, avoid monotony and stimulate other areas of their development. If you’ve tried everything, why not have a go at these 50 fun questions for kids?
Ask fun questions for kids is a great way to amuse and stimulate them. Moreover, it’s a camouflaged tool that allows you to boost their rational thinking, creative thinking, critical thinking and stimulate their communication skills. Not to mention the connection you create with them and how much you learn in the process.
Fun questions for kids
Researchers agree that it’s very important to stimulate cognitive development in children. You can do this in different ways, such as with fun questions for kids. It’s a dynamic that stimulates them in different ways while entertaining them and connecting you more with them. Here are 50 of the best ones.
1. If your toys could talk, what do you think they would say?
The movie Toy Story revived the biggest dream of all children: that their toys could talk and interact. What would your child’s toys say if they came to life?
Read also: 6 Tips for Teaching Children to Read at Home
2. If it rained food from the sky, what kind of food would it be?
You can argue about what would be the best choice, and even what combination of dishes would be interesting in a thunderstorm. Definitely one of the fun questions for kids that makes for a long conversation.
3. If our family lived in a zoo, what kind of animal would each of us be?
At this point, only creativity is the limit. The child can assign animals according to physical appearance, character, or simply imagination.
4. What’s the best thing that has happened to you in your life?
This isn’t a fun question in itself, but it is one that allows you to connect with them. You’ll find out what was the time they have most appreciated from their children’s point of view.
You might be interested in: Fun Offline Activities for Children
5. If you could make a new animal, what would it be like?
You can think of combinations of existing animals and also include unique qualities from the world of imagination. For example, to have rainbows come out of its mouth or to be able to become invisible when it’s afraid.
6. If your favorite color had a smell, what would it smell like?
Some people can actually do this through a condition called synaesthesia. That aside, it would be very interesting to find out the little one’s answer.
7. What would you choose: to read people’s minds or to be invisible?
The rise of superhero movies and cartoons makes it fascinating to include topics like this in fun questions for kids.
8. What would you choose: to be able to fly or to be able to breathe underwater?
Another chance for the two of you to explore which superpower is better. What would you do? Would you use it for good?
9. If you could make a new law for the whole world, what would it be?
That everyone could share their toys? That growing up was forbidden? That breakfast cereal was mandatory in every country?
10. If you could go to space, what planet would you go to?
This is one of the fun questions for kids that combines play with learning. It’s a perfect time to sit down and find out about the planets that make up the Solar System. Then, think about which one would be the most fun.
11. If you had a time machine, would you travel to the past or the future?
If your child already has some ideas of history, it will be a perfect time to exercise their ability to choose.
12. If you could become an animal one day, which one would you be and why?
A fun hypothetical scenario that will give rise to a whole playful experience.
13. If you could change the color of your hair, what would it be and why?
It would probably be a very bright or extravagant color.
14. If you could become one of your favorite cartoon characters, which one would it be?
Every child has fantasized about being a character from their favorite cartoon series. Have you ever wondered which one your child prefers? Well, now is the perfect time to find out.
15. If you had to eliminate one of your five senses, which one would it be?
Another fun question for kids that has a dual purpose: to entertain and to teach. Each sense is important, so they could imagine what life would be like without one of them.
16. If you had a pet dragon, what would you name it?
What things would you do to train it? How would you feed it? Would you ride around town on its back?
17. If you could open a business, what do you think you would sell?
Anything from something that sells in real life to more fanciful things. For example, hugs, peace, or love.
18. If you could invent a new holiday, what would it be?
Too hard if you only have to think of one. Your child will probably have hundreds of ideas that deserve to be celebrated all over the world.
19. If you could write a book, what would it be called and what would its main story be?
If your child has already honed his or her writing skills, you can make this dynamic a reality. With your help, together you can start writing a short book that recreates the scenes through illustrations. Here are some tips for teaching children to read at home.
20. If you came across a magic genie’s lamp, what would your three wishes be?
For this answer, try not to let them think too much about it. Set 10 seconds to see which three things they would choose.
21. Can you describe colors without mentioning their names?
A very fun dynamic that will keep you entertained for a while. How would you describe the color yellow without saying it is yellow? What about green, blue, red, black or white?
22. What makes you laugh the most in the world?
Another fun question for kids with which you can learn more about the things that interest and please your child.
23. What are your favorite sounds?
Those that you enjoy listening to, the ones that make you sleep, or ones that give you peace or simply calm you down.
24. What rules would you establish for our whole family to follow?
An interesting answer that deserves to be discussed in a family gathering.
25. What do you like least about adults?
A question to find out what your little one thinks but doesn’t usually say out loud.
26. What would you make us for dinner today if you could?
This is sure to whet everyone’s appetite. Remember that there are many benefits to getting kids involved in the kitchen.
27. What’s the funniest face you can make?
A fun dynamic that will also become a competition. Which one of you can make the funniest or strangest face?
28. What’s the most amazing dream you’ve ever had?
The one you’d like to recreate in reality if you could.
29. Which do you think came first, the chicken or the egg?
Here they can spend hours and hours arguing about it, so be prepared to hear unbeatable arguments.
30. If you could only have one thing for the rest of your life, would you choose cake or ice cream?
Definitely the hardest decision in life!
31. If you were stuck on a desert island, what three things would you like to have?
Like other fun questions for kids, the answer should be given quickly and without too much thought.
32. If there was only one present for you under the Christmas tree this year, what would it be?
The double meaning of this question doesn’t need much explaining.
33. If you could grow anything in your garden, what would it be?
If it’s feasible and you have a garden, why not do it?
34. If you could be any age, what age would it be?
An interesting question to see how your child relates to age.
35. What’s the most annoying sound you’ve ever heard?
Just as your child will have a sound they enjoy a lot, they’ll also have a sound they hate.
36. What’s the most surprising thing you have learned in school?
In terms of knowledge of math, history, geography, and so on, what’s one thing that really surprised you to learn about the world?
37. What’s your favorite day of the week?
Certainly not Monday.
38. If you could be any Disney character, which one would it be?
If you both usually watch Disney movies, it sure won’t be an easy decision to make.
39. If you could switch lives/bodies with anyone for a week, who would you choose?
What would you do first and why would you choose that life over another?
40. If you had a pet unicorn, what would you name it?
What would you feed it and how would you take care of it?
41. If you had a pirate treasure box, what things would you put in it for safekeeping?
The most valuable things that they consider your greatest possession.
42. How would you throw the best party in the world?
Another fun question for kids whose answer is only limited by your imagination.
43. What name would you choose if you were a superhero?
And what superpower would you have that’s different from everyone else’s?
44. If you qualified for the Olympics, what sport do you think you would compete in?
It could be a fictional sport or a real one. You could make it to the finals of the World’s Biggest Eaters or the Olympic Sleepers.
45. Which animal do you think is the creepiest?
The one that terrifies you by its appearance, behavior, or scariness.
46. If you could invent a new flavor of ice cream, what would it be?
There are thousands and thousands of possible choices, and some of them may be very strange and unappetizing!
47. If you could teleport into a video game, which one would it be?
If your kid is a video game fanatic, he or she will want some time to choose the best option.
48. If you could snap your fingers and magically do one thing for yourself, what would it be?
This is similar to the three wishes game, but this time it’s down to one. This one must turn into something unique that benefits you.
49. What’s the funniest thing you’ve ever seen in your life?
An animal at the zoo, maybe?
50. What would your name be if you were a pirate?
A different dynamic to finish off our fun questions for kids. You can make it real by drawing a picture of what the little one would look like if they were a pirate.
And there you have our 50 fun questions for kids to help to break up the monotony for them. Of course, you can also try making up your questions to ask in parallel too! Have fun! And get ready to be surprised!It might interest you...