5 Treatments for Parasites
To avoid getting intestinal parasites, you need to look for the best treatments for parasites and improve your overall hygiene.
But how do they reproduce?
At night, the females deposit tiny eggs around the rectum. Children are generally the most affected. It’s very common that this disease appears in schools. If your child is infected, the entire household must follow the treatment or else the parasites will continue to re-infect those who have already been treated.
Transmission can occur just by touching infested sheets, food, or toys. As long as there are still eggs present, the infection won’t disappear completely. These eggs can survive for up to two weeks outside the body, which means that the same person can become infected again because it will continue to spread as soon as they are newly exposed.
What are the symptoms?Unfortunately, a lot of parasitic infections don’t have symptoms. The affected person may experience itching around the rectum that typically gets worse at night.
Keep a lookout for these other symptoms that may also occur:
- Loss of appetite,
- Abdominal swelling,
- Headache, nausea, and dizziness,
- Yellowish skin in the face,
- Grinding of the teeth, especially while sleeping,
- Infections of the genitalia.
Read also: 5 home remedies for parasites
What can you do?
Once your doctor prescribes the correct treatments for parasites, the worms will be gone in about 15 days.
Even if there are no remaining parasites, however, the eggs can survive. That’s why it’s a good idea to repeat the treatment after two weeks, because the possibility of reinfection is very high.
Stick to the following guidelines:
- Keep your fingernails cut short.
- Wash clothes with hot water and clean your home with a disinfectant.
- Wash your hands several times a day.
- Take a shower every day and carefully wash the area around the rectum.
- Avoid putting your hands in your mouth.
- If someone in the family is infected, it’s important to treat everyone.
Try some of the following natural treatments:
1-garlic, pumpkin seeds, and mintGarlic has many benefits, including the fact that it’s a known antiseptic and antibacterial agent that can eliminate parasites. Pumpkin seeds are a good source of zinc, which strengthens your immune system. Finally, mint helps soften any parasites that are attached.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds (10 g)
- 3 mint leaves
- Chop or press the garlic.
- Peel the pumpkin seeds and add them to the garlic.
- Add the mint leaves.
- Crush all ingredients into a paste.
- Consume one tablespoon of this blend a day.
- If you think the flavor is too strong, you can thin it with water.
- Take this treatment at least once a week.
You didn’t know? 4 delicious recipes with pumpkin for breakfast
2-Mint and mineral water
Mint also acts as a natural antiseptic to help cleanse your body and remove intestinal parasites.
- Mint leaves (10 g)
- Mineral water (150 ml)
- Bring the mineral water to a boil and add the mint leaves.
- Simmer on low heat for five minutes to release the mint concentrate.
- Remove from heat and let steep for 10 minutes, until it reaches room temperature.
- Strain off the liquid.
- Drink one cup of this tea a day.
- Try to consume it quickly.
- Continue taking it for two weeks.
3-ThymeThyme is an herb that contains thymol, a substance with bacterial properties that helps destroy fungi and parasites. It alsoreduces gas and digestive problems.
- ½ liter of water
- 2 tablespoons of thyme leaves (20 g)
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add the thyme leaves.
- Simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Wait until it reaches a comfortable temperature.
- Finally, strain the liquid and drink on an empty stomach.
- Don’t mix this with other beverages.
- Avoid consuming sugar and processed flour.
- Drink for one week.
4-Carrot juice with lemon
Carrots are great for your digestion because they’re rich in fiber. They also have antioxidant properties to help cleanse your body.
Lemon has additional cleansing effects that eliminate toxic substances from the body.
- Carrots (300 g)
- The juice from 1 lemon (5 ml)
- Wash all ingredients thoroughly.
- Juice the carrots.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Drink this beverage immediately.
- Repeat for three days.
5-Brussels sprout juiceIt’s time for you to see Brussels sprouts with new eyes. This vegetable has a cleansing effect that eliminates excess fluids and toxins. As a result, it helps keep your digestive system in balance.
- Brussels sprouts (100 g)
- Carrots (100 g)
- Lettuce (100 g)
- Wash the vegetables thoroughly and juice them.
- Drink this juice immediately.
- Repeat for one week.
Remember that everyone is exposed to parasites at one time or another, and the important thing is to prevent infection or seek treatment quickly.