5 Treatments for Naturally Dry Hair
If your hair is too dry, you can prepare natural treatments to nourish and moisturize it. Are you interested? Keep reading to discover 5 amazing options!
If your hair is frizzy, dull and has split ends you may need to treat naturally dry hair. Most conditioners give beautiful results, but these don’t tend to last long and contain chemicals that can damage hair in the long run.
Keep reading to discover 5 hair treatments to treat naturally dry hair. With some natural ingredients such as yogurt, honey or oil you can get hydrated and shiny hair.
1. Yogurt and honey
Dairy products are an excellent option for treating naturally dry hair. Yogurt in particular is rich in B vitamins and minerals such as zinc, magnesium and calcium, which nourish the scalp from the root.
Honey is a common ingredient in home cosmetics as it’s rich in vitamins, minerals and enzymes, and because of its moisturizing properties. In addition, it moisturizes without excess oil since it doesn’t contain any oils. Therefore, it’s beneficial for all hair types.
- Mix yogurt with a spoonful of honey, and apply to dry hair
- Leave on for 30 minutes and wash with shampoo
Mayonnaise in your hair? You may be surprised or have already heard of this home remedy to moisturize your hair. Both eggs and oil are very beneficial ingredients for treating naturally dry hair.
Egg, rich in fat and protein, is a great moisturizer. Olive oil, on the other hand, is very nourishing and helps prevent split ends. It also contains vitamin E, which has antioxidant properties.
- You can use the mayonnaise you’ve already made. Avoid processed mayonnaise with additives.
- When using mayonnaise that contains egg whites, you must always wash your hair with warm water. If you use hot water, it could leave traces of the solidified white in the hair.
- In cases when the smell of eggs bothers you, you can add a drop of some essential oil, such as lavender or rosemary.
Also read: Carrots and Coconut for Hair Growth
3. Coconut oil and aloe vera
Coconut oil has been proved beneficial to hair health in several studies. The lauric acid it contains has a great affinity with the hair structure, which allows it to penetrate it and prevent mistreated hair.
On the other hand, aloe vera is rich in vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes, and antioxidants. Besides maintaining the natural moisture of the hair, it also protects it from the damage of sun exposure. And it’s also a natural alternative to styling gels.
- Mix both ingredients in equal parts and emulsify them until they are well integrated.
- Apply and leave on overnight. In the morning, wash your hair.
Also read: Get Beautiful Hair with Mayonnaise Masks
4. Avocado and banana to treat naturally dry hair
We can also combine two fruits that, when ripe, are rich in nutrients to benefit our hair. Both provide softness and shine, as well as nourishing the hair follicle.
Avocado is rich in vitamins A, B, C, E, and K, as well as a great variety of minerals. On the other hand, banana contains vitamins A, C, E, and minerals such as potassium and zinc.
- Beat a banana with half an avocado and spread it well all over the hair.
- Leave on for half an hour and shampoo.
5. Olive oil and lemon juice
Lastly, two ingredients that, when combined, make the perfect blend for our hair. Olive oil deeply nourishes and repairs damaged hair. In addition, the lemon adds shine and balances out the excess oil in the olive oil. This treatment is highly antioxidant and restorative.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of olive oil with the juice of one lemon.
- The drier the hair, the more oil you add.
- Apply all over the hair and leave on for 1 hour or overnight if possible.
Now you know 5 home treatments to treat naturally dry hair. I’m sure you already have some of these widely used ingredients in natural cosmetics at home. If not, be sure to get them because they’re also great for your skin and body!