Intestinal parasites are without a doubt one of the main attackers of the digestive system. They infest your body and can cause diseases. Once inside, it turns into a competition for food, so they adhere to the walls of your intestine.
Believe it or not, more than 80% of the global population is infected with intestinal parasites. Problems occur when they begin to rapidly reproduce causing serious illnesses. In some cases, infections can unfortunately lead to death.
Several factors influence the appearance of parasites, including age – in children, the incidence of infection is higher. Hygiene, a person’s health, and their environment can also be contributing factors.
Intestinal parasites can be present without any symptoms in a lot of people. Those that do experience some discomfort usually have the following symptoms:
- Dry skin
- Abdominal pain
- Stomach aches
- Mucus in the stool
Read also: 5 home remedies for intestinal parasites
How you contract them
- Sexual contact
- Congenital transmission
- Hand to hand contact
- Drinking contaminated water
- Eating raw meat or fish
- Contact with contaminated objects, human or animal excrement
It’s important to test your stool to confirm whether or not you have intestinal parasites. This allows a doctor to detect if there are certain signs (eggs, larvae, parasites, bacteria).
It’s important that you avoid taking any antibiotics until after the test so you don’t alter the results. It’s also a good idea to avoid eating any fat or fiber for a week prior to your test.
How to get rid of intestinal parasites
1-Pumpkin seedsPiperazine is a substance found in pumpkin seeds, and it can help rid your body of intestinal parasites.
You can even find it packaged in pharmacies. This is an ancient but effective remedy for parasites.
- 1 liter of coconut water
- 80 pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons of honey (40 g)
- First, peel and crush the seeds
- Then, add the coconut water and honey, and stir.
- Consume this on an empty stomach to rid your body of parasites.
Visit this article: Pumpkin seeds: 8 reasons to eat them
Next, there are certain foods you should avoid if you’re trying to eliminate intestinal parasites. These include dairy products, sugars, flours, and processed foods.
There are also others that you shouldn’t miss out on because they can help get rid of this nuisance. They optimize the function of your gallbladder.
- Castor oil
- Natural juices
3-Cabbage juiceWhen you have an infection in your digestive tract, stomach acid production is reduced and this allows certain organisms (such as parasites) to attack.
Cabbage juice promotes the production of acid. This helps your intestinal flora stay in good condition and prevents the parasites from dispersing. Consuming a tablespoon of cabbage juice before each meal will improve your digestion.
This substance is a natural antibiotic.
- Ideally, you should consume propolis for one week on an empty stomach.
- Dilute a little in some water or fruit juice.
It has no side effects and won’t make your body feel heavy because it doesn’t irritate your digestive system. This is highly effective.
5-SpicesNext, certain spices can help you eliminate intestinal parasites.
Some of the most effective options include:
- First of all, keep your home clean.
- In addition, avoid contact with places where there is mud, sand, or dirt.
- Keep a balanced diet because it helps your immune system function.
- Disinfect all fruits and vegetables you’re going to eat raw.
- If you don’t have potable water, be sure to boil water for at least 10 minutes.
- Cover garbage containers to keep out rats and flies.
- Naturally, wash your hands with soap and water before and after preparing food, eating, and using the bathroom.
- The hookworm parasite is found in humid and tropical areas, so it’s best to always wear shoes in these places and keep your feet as dry as possible.