Five Solutions to Remove Warts on Your Fingers
If you need to get rid of warts on your fingers, you can use conventional methods through a doctor or using natural remedies that require a little more patience.
In this article, you can find out about five of the best natural solutions to eliminate warts on your fingers. According to their approach, by applying them you’ll be able to weaken the wart little by little and get it to fall off.
Talk to your dermatologist if you want to immediately remove a wart. The two most common treatments are freezing them or removing them with a laser. Likewise, these methods will depend on the location of the wart. Common warts are usually found on the fingers, as Mayo Clinic experts point out.
Although they’re generally not related to any serious health problem, most of the time they’re a cosmetic problem. It’s important to remove them as soon as possible, even if they don’t seem to be so severe. This way, you’ll prevent it from spreading to the rest of your body or to another person, especially in very exposed areas like the fingers.
Find out how to Get Rid of Warts with This Garlic-Lemon Treatment
Solution to remove warts on your fingers
Although there’s no scientific evidence that these remedies are 100% safe, effective and recommended, they’re popularly used to remove warts on the fingers.
If you’re considering applying them, keep in mind you’ll have to be very patient, since they’re natural remedies that don’t give immediate results.
1. Fig tree sap
Fig tree sap is a very ancient and effective remedy. The best part is that it’s free. However, not everyone has access to a fig tree. You can get the white sap by picking a fig off the fig tree branch or leaf. This white and sticky liquid contains latex, among other substances.
- Apply a drop of the sap onto the wart and cover it with a gauze pad without pressing down
- Let it sit eight hours and apply once again
- Make sure to use a new, recently cut part of the tree every time
Garlic is one of the most common natural remedies to remove warts from your fingers. It acts as an effective and powerful antibiotic and antiseptic. It could therefore combat the agents that cause warts and facilitate their elimination.
- Firstly, cut a small piece of garlic that’s the same size of the wart. This part is important because garlic is so powerful it can irritate the healthy skin around the wart.
- Then, apply the piece of garlic and keep it in place by using a bandage
- Change it every 24 hours until the wart falls off
3. Apple cider vinegar for warts on your fingers
This product is suitable for household cleaning. It’s also a remedy for removing warts on your fingers, according to popular belief.
- Wet a cotton ball with some apple cider vinegar and apply it to the wart before going to bed
- Secondly, cover it with a bandage to keep it from moving and let it sit overnight
- Then, in the morning, take off the cotton ball and wash your skin
- Apply again every night until the wart completely disappears
Read about these Five Treatments to Eliminate Flat Warts
4. Banana peel
You should know about the properties banana peels have before throwing them away. Their natural salicylic acid content makes them the perfect solution for warts, according to some.
- Firstly, you’ll only need a piece of a banana peel that’s not too green and not too ripe
- Then, rub the inner part of the peel on the wart several times a day
- Finally, at night, keep it on the wart by using a bandage
Chinese medicine uses an ancient remedy, that’s known as moxibustion or moxa, to remove warts. They’re a sort of cylinder or cone made with dried wormwood that can be applied close to the skin to create local and intense heat.
There are different ways to apply wormwood to remove warts on the fingers. One of the most popular is similar to the procedure explained above with garlic.
The best way to remove warts on your fingers
To remove warts on your fingers, it’s best to visit a dermatologist and follow their recommendations. The professional will offer you a personalized, reliable, and safe solution that’ll help put an end to the problem for good.
If you want to try one of these home remedies, try at least to consult your dermatologist first to find out how suitable it may be for your case. Otherwise, you expose yourself to a higher risk of experiencing adverse reactions.It might interest you...