5 Snacks Good For Weight Loss
Following a weight-loss diet can be difficult when you're extremely hungry. Instead of snacking on fatty foods, in this article, we want to offer some healthy snack alternatives.
A weight loss plan can be really easy at the beginning. It starts getting tough after a few days because, by that time, you start snacking on foods to satisfy your hunger.
The problem is nobody feels like eating salad or vegetables. Luckily, in this article, you can find some of the best snacks that can actually help you lose weight.
Give them all a try and include them to your diet! They’ll make losing weight easier and afterwards, you can start exploring new things with these ingredients.
1. Homemade popcorn
Popcorn is one of the best weight loss snacks out there. Everyone loves this delicious snack and it’s inexpensive and easy to make. Here’s a recipe with an extra touch of flavor that will have you stop eating commercial popcorn.
You’ll definitely prefer natural popcorn than that stuff you put in the microwave. The problem with commercial popcorn is that it contains added coloring, too much salt, and too many preservatives.
- ½ cup of popcorn kernels (100 g)
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt (5 g)
- 1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil (30 ml)
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a deep pan.
- Then add the popcorn kernels and cover the pan to prevent the kernels from popping out.
- As the kernels pop, move the pan around to prevent sticking.
- Once the majority of the kernels are popped, remove the pan from the heat and let it rest a few minutes while keeping it covered.
- When the kernels have stopped popping, uncover the pan and add the salt and pepper.
- Stir well and serve.
As you can see, this is a really simple recipe. The salt and pepper give that salty flavor everyone loves. However, you can try other ingredients and experiment with different flavors.
For example, if you like something sweet, you could swap the salt with ground cinnamon and the pepper with a sachet of stevia. Popcorn kernels are whole grain and high in fiber. This means they help intestinal transit and the digestive process.
We recommend reading: Discover the Weight Loss Benefits of Cinnamon and Honey Tea
2. Black olives
Black olives are another snack which can help you lose weight and they’re a classic part of the Mediterranean diet. Maybe you never thought of them being a snack, however, they are much more useful than just including them in salads.
They’re good for weight loss because they’re low in fat and are high in mono-unsaturated fats. It’s better to have the ones containing the least amount of sodium as possible.
3. Turkey ham rolls
Are you more of a meat eater, or do you love the taste of mustard? If so, you’re in luck with the next snack. The turkey ham provides lean proteins and is low in sodium. The cheese adds extra protein and a touch of calcium. Apart from that, the mustard is low in fat and is full of flavor.
- 3 slices of turkey ham
- Bread rolls (multi-grain or what are healthier choices)
- 1½ tablespoons of panela cheese (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of mustard (20 g)
How to make it
- Cut the cheese into three 10-gram slices.
- Add a slice of turkey and 10 g of cheese to each roll.
- Dress with a little mustard and eat.
You can make more if you want! These rolls are low in calories, so you may eat them without having any concern. After all, you’ll get full just by eating a few.
4. Apple and cottage cheese
If you prefer sweeter or creamier snacks, give this one a try. Apples are high in fiber and water, and the cheese provides a creamy texture to satisfy your hunger.
- 1 apple
- 2 tablespoons of cream cheese (40 g)
How to make it
- Wash the apple and cut it into small pieces, they can either be in cubes or strips.
- Dip the apples in the cheese as you eat them.
5. Strawberries and yogurt
Finally, this snack is a great combination of fruit and dairy that can help you lose weight. It’s flavor, freshness, and sweetness make this a winning combo.
The strawberries help keep you hydrated and have a minimum amount of glucose. The yogurt has around 20 grams of protein.
Learn more: 5 Healthy Breakfasts to Kick Off Your Day
- 6 freshly washed, disinfected strawberries, cut into medium-sized pieces
- ½ cup of natural Greek yogurt (100 g)
How to make it
- Mix the two in a glass and eat immediately!