5 Smoothies for Controlling Blood Sugar Levels
These smoothies are rich in fiber, antioxidants, and essential fatty acids. Most importantly, they can help you to control your blood sugar levels!
Blood sugar levels are one of your body’s reactions when you don’t produce enough insulin. This could also happen when you have an insulin resistance.
Your pancreas is the organ that’s in charge of releasing this hormone. Even though it does this naturally, sometimes it needs outside help to counteract some of the problems it has functioning.
This can happen because of genetic problems. However, it can also happen because of bad dietary habits, obesity, and being sedentary.
The problem is that many people ignore the effects of diabetes in their bodies. After all, it doesn’t usually have strong symptoms in its initial stages.
The worst problem is that as time passes, it can affect other systems in your body. This can cause cardiovascular, cognition, and even renal problems.
Luckily, this is a condition that can be treated naturally. You can manage it if you adopt healthy habits and eat foods that help you.
In this article, we want to share 5 homemade smoothies that are a big help in fighting this problem.
1. Orange, blueberry, and ginger smoothie
This delicious smoothie is a source of antioxidant compounds. These contribute to stabilizing your blood sugar levels.
- 2 oranges (juiced)
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 1/2 cup of soy milk
- Juice the two oranges. Then, blend them in the blender with the blueberries, ginger, and soy milk.
- Blend it until smooth. There shouldn’t be any lumps.
- Drink it for breakfast and in the middle of the afternoon.
2. Papaya and strawberry smoothie
The enzymes in this delicious smoothie are a big help for speeding up your metabolism. Plus, the functions that it carries out in the pancreas help to control your blood sugar.
Its vitamins and minerals increase the processes that regulate your blood sugar levels. At the same time, it encourages the removal of toxins.
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender. Then, blend them for a couple of minutes until they’re well blended.
- Drink the smoothie in the morning or for part of your breakfast.
- Drink it 3 times per week.
3. Spinach and cucumber green drink
The antioxidants and fiber in this green drink are a great help for reducing high blood sugar levels. It also helps with problems like cholesterol and hypertension.
Drinking it encourages the removal of toxins. It also reduces inflammation.
- 6 spinach leaves
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 green apple
- 1 cup of water
- Wash all of the ingredients. Then, chop them to make them easier to blend.
- When they are all ready, put them in the blender. Be sure to add the water when you blend them.
- Blend until smooth. Drink this in the morning.
- Make this smoothie 2 to 3 times per week.
4. Tomato, parsley, and olive oil smoothie
This drink is packed with antioxidants, fiber, and essential fatty acids. This makes it a great help for fighting uncontrolled blood sugar.
Drinking it on a regular basis also reduces your risk of diabetes and helps with circulation problems.
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 parsley stalks
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 green apple
- 1/2 cup water
- Wash and cut all of the ingredients. Then, put them in the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve it immediately and drink it as soon as possible.
- Drink this for breakfast 3 times per week.
5. Kiwi, apple, and spinach smoothie
This smoothie combines ingredients that are rich in fiber, antioxidants, and essential vitamins. These help you control your blood sugar levels.
Absorbing these helps improve your digestion and calm inflammation. It also activates metabolic functions to prevent diabetes.
- 4 ripe kiwis
- 2 green apples
- 6 spinach leaves
- 3 cups of water
- Peel the kiwis and wash the apples and spinach. Then, add all of the ingredients to the blender and blend them.
- Make sure you get a smooth consistency and serve it.
- Spread this drink out across three servings per day.
- Drink it 2 or 3 times per week.
Have you had trouble controlling your blood sugar? If so, make one of these drinks. Add it to your regular diet as a preventative treatment.