Dark patches on the skin of your neck are one of the most common cosmetic problems that adults tend to develop.
They occur when melanocytes, the cells that produce the pigmentation of the skin, experience an imbalance that causes them to develop in excess.
While dark marks on the neck aren’t considered a serious health problem, its onset may be related to a condition known as acanthosis nigricans.
This condition produces thick and dry skin as well as patches, which form folds that look like an accumulation of dirt.
Fortunately, there are natural remedies which are great for reducing these patches when used regularly, and give the neck a more even and beautiful tone.
In this article, we want to share 5 effective treatments for this problem so that you can use them when you notice dark marks on your neck.
1. Milk and Sugar Treatment
See also: 4 Ways to Lighten Dark Skin on Your Neck
A natural milk and sugar exfoliant helps to remove the dead skin cells that build up on the neck.
The lactic acid in milk helps to lighten the patches and also leaves the neck feeling smooth and hydrated.
- 1 tablespoon sugar (10 g)
- 3 tablespoons liquid milk (30 ml)
- Mix the sugar with the liquid and rub it on the skin of the neck with gentle circular movements.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes and then rinse with cold water.
- Use this exfoliant at least 3 times a week.
2. Sodium bicarbonate and lemon
This paste made with sodium bicarbonate and lemon has interesting skin lightening effects. When used regularly, it considerably diminishes the patches and cracks on this area of the body.
The acids in lemon regulate the natural pH of the skin while the sodium bicarbonate removes dead cells and impurities.
- 1 tablespoon baking soda (10 g)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice 820 ml)
- Combine the two ingredients until you get a thick paste and then rub it over the dark parts of your neck with gentle circular motions.
- Wait for 15 minutes and then rinse.
- Use it only in the evening 3 times a week.
3. Cucumber and rose water treatment
This natural treatment helps to lighten the dark parts of the neck. However, it also makes the skin firmer to prevent flaccid and wrinkled skin.
It contains antioxidants, water, and essential minerals that, after being absorbed, greatly improve the appearance and texture of the skin in this area.
- ½ cucumber
- 6 tablespoons of rose water (U60 ml)
- Put the ingredients in the blender and blend them until you have a juicy paste.
- Take some of the product and apply it all over your neck, especially in the darkened areas.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and rinse.
- Apply it every night.
4. Oat and tomato treatment
An oat and tomato juice exfoliating cream can be used to lighten the skin of the neck as well as give it a lot of ant-aging nutrients and antioxidants.
Moreover, its compounds help to achieve a more even skin tone and create a protective barrier against the harmful effects of the sun.
- 1 tablespoon oats (10 g)
- 5 tablespoons tomato juice (50 ml)
- 1 tablespoon honey (25 g)
- Put all the ingredients in the blender and blend them until you get a thick paste.
- Rub the cream on the skin on your neck and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Then rinse. Use it 3 to 4 times a week.
Do you want to know more? Read: Can Oatmeal Help You Sleep Better? 5 Reasons Oatmeal is Good Before Bed
5. Aloe vera and lemon treatment
The moisturizing and lightening action of aloe vera is combined with antioxidants and lemon acids to provide a powerful treatment against patches that affect the neck.
Both ingredients control the hard skin that forms on this area of the body. They also provide a protective barrier against the sun’s rays and toxins.
However, you must only use it at night, since you could experience unwanted reactions if you’re exposed to the sun while wearing this treatment.
- 3 tablespoons aloe vera (45 g)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (10 ml)
- Combine the two ingredients in a bowl and mix until you get a thick paste.
- Rub the paste on the skin on your the neck and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Rinse off with cold water and use this treatment every night.
Do you have dark patches on your neck? If so, don’t hesitate to try any of these cosmetic treatments to quickly improve your neck’s appearance.
You won’t see the effects immediately. However, you’ll begin to notice that they greatly help to improve how this area of the skin looks with time.