5 Simple Exercises to Shape Your Figure That You Can Do at Home
It's very important that we find a comfortable level of intensity to start with and increase it gradually so that we can make progress without risking injuries.
Physical exercise is essential for maintaining good health. However, it’s also very important if you want to shape your figure to show off beautiful curves. With exercise, you can achieve the perfect balance between thin and curvy.
In this article, discover the best exercises to shape your figure from head to toe. With this routine, you’ll be able to tone both the upper part and the lower part of your body.
The result will be more toned muscle, less fat, more flexibility, and firmness. You’ll also enjoy greater physical endurance, vitality, and – of course – an improvement in self-esteem.
Exercise routine to shape your figure
The exercise routine that we present below is simple but very effective. You can do it at home whenever you want and you don’t need any special equipment. Of course, a mat can be useful as well as weights in case you want to increase the intensity (they can just be bottles of water though). Music is also a good idea, as it helps to maintain your energy levels.
The number of repetitions and sets, as well as the amount of weight, will be decided by you. If you want to increase any of them, you have to do so slowly to avoid too much stiffness or injury.
Overall, the best thing to do is to increase reps, sets, or weight progressively until you reach your goal. Then you can stop raising the intensity and just stay at a maintenance level.
Squats are one of the classic exercises to shape your figure.
They’re simple to do, they don’t require machines, and you can do them any time or place. Plus, they’re very effective for strengthening your buttocks, thighs, and calves and shaping them up.
How do you do squats?
- To perform squats, stand straight with legs open to the width of your hips.
- Then bend your knees little by little. In doing so, lower your buttocks toward the floor as far as you can go without taking your feet off of the ground.
- No matter what, remember to always keep your back straight.
Read Also: The Best Squat Exercises
2. Jumping jacks
If, in addition to toning the legs, you also need to eliminate fat, you’ll need to perform an aerobic exercise. This way, you’ll also increase your endurance and lung capacity.
An excellent way to achieve this is to perform different types of jumps.
- One home exercise is to jump rope. This simple practice burns a lot of calories and fat.
- Another option for those who suffer from joint pain may be using a trampoline. Nowadays, you can get individual spring trampolines to practice at home.
However, always keep in mind that you have to jump on the tips of your feet and not on your heels.
The central part of the body always shows whether or not you’re in shape. It’s common to accumulate fat in the abdomen, so don’t forget to work this area. Aside from exercise, a good and healthy diet is also essential for shaping your figure, especially the waist.
Planks are an intense and effective exercise to strengthen your abdomen:
- Lie face down and support your weight on the elbows and the tips of the feet.
- Keep your body lifted off the ground, parallel to it, without lifting your buttocks too high. At the same time, keep your abdomen tight.
- Hold this pose for as long as you can.
The upper body is an obsession for men, and also of interest to women. Whether you want to firm up flabby arms, or you want to achieve a firm and beautiful chest, you must practice traditional push-ups.
There are many variations of push-ups. The initial position is similar to the plank position that we have discussed in the previous point. However, instead of the elbows, your hands bear your weight.
You can also do them only with one arm and then with the other. Everything depends on your fitness level and preferences.
5. Back stretches
To shape your figure, you must not only tone muscle and burn fat. It’s also essential to have good posture. A nice means having the chest and back relatively straight.
That’s why you should perform exercises to stretch your back.
- Lie on your back and hold your knees in with your arms.
- Perform a gentle sway from side to side to massage your spine.
- Then, lower your knees to each side and stretch. You’ll notice a stretch in the opposite side of your back. Then, repeat the same on the other side.