5 Seeds to Include in Your Weight Loss Diet
Eating some varieties of seeds can help improve the effects of your weight loss diet. Thanks to their contributions of fiber and amino acids, they are ideal to support metabolism.
There’s a wide variety of seeds that will help you with your weight loss diet. Although they are not foods with miraculous properties or anything like that, their consumption is ideal for supporting the effects of food when it comes to combating excess weight.
Many of these are called “fat burning” properties, since they stimulate the functions of the metabolism to help reduce your weight. Others, however, contain fiber and essential nutrients that intervene in a positive way in the key processes of weight loss.
What is even better is that they have a very pleasant taste that can be combined with other ingredients in your diet. Therefore, in addition to being consumed by themselves, they are also easily added to a wide variety of recipes.
Do you know which are the best? Find out!
Slimming seeds that complement your weight loss diet
Seeds have been part of human beings’ diets since ancient times. For centuries they have been valued for their energy and nutritional contribution, since they are a source of macronutrients and micronutrients.
In recent years they have become a trend in slimming diets, as some of their properties support weight loss. In fact, they are recommended for health reasons because they also control high cholesterol and prevent diabetes.
One variety of seeds that helps accelerate your weight loss are chia seeds. They are known for their high content of soluble and insoluble fiber, in addition to their antioxidants. Since they also contain omega 3 and essential amino acids, they have been cataloged as a “superfood.”
- Their regular intake helps to combat slow digestion and constipation. In addition, they boost your metabolism and reduce the accumulation of abdominal fat.
- Due to their unsaturated fats, they help fight high levels of bad cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Their caloric content is low and they contain proteins and carbohydrates that help maintain an optimal energy level.
2. Sunflower seeds
Some people thought that sunflower seeds were just for birds. However, today they are part of the many people’s regular diet because they are great for helping with anxiety and weight loss.
- They contain large amounts of vitamin E, an antioxidant nutrient that helps fight against the effects of free radicals on the skin.
- Their contributions of minerals and B vitamins strengthen your muscles and reduce fatigue.
- They provide a slight contribution of amino acids and carbohydrates that help you maintain a good metabolic rhythm.
- Their unsaturated fatty acids help stimulate arterial cleansing and reduce the presence of harmful lipids in the blood.
3. Coriander seeds
Coriander seeds, also known as corianders, are a small brown nut that are distinguished by their slight citrus flavor. Although their intake is not as widespread as the previous options, they are some slimming seeds with many medicinal benefits.
- Their phytonutrients stimulate metabolic activity and help regulate blood glucose levels.
- They contain essential oils that optimize the production of insulin, which is key to transforming sugars into energy sources.
- They relieve digestive difficulties and have a depurative effect that promotes the elimination of retained toxins.
4. Sesame seeds
This variety of seeds is obtained from a perennial plant called Sesamum indicum, belonging to the Pedaliaceae family. They are known throughout the world for their dietary and medicinal applications, since they take help with weight and prevent diseases.
- Their slight contribution of niacin helps to reduce the feeling of anxiety to stop the insatiable desire to eat.
- They contain amino acids that support the formation of muscle mass while improving physical performance.
- They are an interesting source of dietary fiber, recommended for improving digestion and controlling cholesterol .
- Their antioxidants protect cells against oxidative stress and act in favor of excretory organs, in order to eliminate waste.
5. Flaxseed for weight lossThe consumption of flaxseed has skyrocketed in recent decades despite being a very old food. Its popularity increased with the recommendations of some celebrities and fitness figures who have suggested it for weight loss.
- This food contains important doses of fiber, polyphenols and essential fatty acids that benefit your metabolism.
- Their small contribution of omega 3 increases your feeling of vitality and improves cardiovascular health, especially because it reduces cholesterol.
- They are easy on the digestive system and their natural gels lubricate the colon to facilitate the expulsion of waste.
- They have a prolonged satiating effect that reduces the tendency to eat “junk” food.
Which of these weight loss seeds would you like to try? As you can see, they all have important advantages for your diet. Choose the variety that you consider most suitable for your body and do not hesitate to incorporate them into your favorite salads and smoothies.