Starting the day off in a good mood and energetic isn’t always easy. But something as simple as making a breakfast that’s filled with satisfying foods that are rich in nutrients can help you face the day in the best way.
In fact, you probably remember countless times when you’ve left home after breakfast and felt your stomach growl just an hour later. You were so hungry that you couldn’t even concentrate.
If you only eat sweets or foods consisting of white flour, cheese, or packaged juices for breakfast, hunger will creep in and become your enemy in no time.
Poor eating habits first thing in the morning lead to snacking. This compels you to gain weight in a way that you could normally avoid almost without realizing it.
We want to propose some small and delicious changes to your breakfast. We suggest that starting today, you include some of the following foods in your breakfast.
You’ll definitely notice a difference.
1. Avocado, one of the most satisfying foods
You only need half an avocado a day, no more and no less. This is the perfect portion to get an adequate amount of protein and those healthy fatty acids that take care of your heart.
Far from what a lot of people believe, avocados won’t make you gain weight. More importantly, this delicious fruit can help reduce your levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) and raise your good cholesterol (HDL).
Don’t hesitate to combine avocados with other fruits or spread them on a slice of toasted rye bread.
2. Eggs, good for your heartLike everything else when it comes to food, the key is balance and moderation. Eggs, as you know, are both high in protein and calories. Still, you can eat between four and five eggs a week without any issues.
- Something as appetizing as an omelet or a hard-boiled egg for breakfast will help you lose weight.
- This will satisfy you while providing the nutrients you need, and in the meantime help improve your heart health.
- Don’t forget that eggs contain lecithin, a kind of fat that helps balance good and bad cholesterol levels and also prevents cholesterol from adhering to the walls of your arteries.
3. Oatmeal, excellent for breakfast
Both oats and oatmeal are excellent choices for a satisfying and healthy breakfast. The possibilities for preparing them are endless and they’re all delicious.
- Oatmeal is a food that is slowly absorbed by the body, low in calories but high in soluble fiber. If you get used to eating it every day, you’ll avoid constipation and enjoy an exceptional internal balance.
- Don’t forget that this cereal has an incredible amount of nutrients that provide enough energy to get you through until lunchtime.
Enjoy your oatmeal by combining it with other tasty and nutritious options. Your figure will thank you!
4. Papaya, highly digestive
It’s soft on the palate, delicious, and has a melon-like flavor. Papaya is a fruit that you can eat almost any time. The best time, however, is definitely at breakfast.
- Papaya is, more than anything else, very digestive. Thanks to one of its enzymes, papain, it alleviates the inflammation that occurs with an occasional upset stomach.
- In addition to that, it’s one of the most satisfying foods that also has plenty of vitamin C, potassium, and dietary fiber.
- Papaya helps you fight constipation, reduce your cholesterol levels, and regulate your blood sugar.
If you want to make an excellent breakfast, try combining some Greek yogurt with half a papaya and a handful of nuts. It’s amazing!
5. Tomatoes, a gift for your health
There are many different varieties of tomatoes. All of them are equally beneficial when it comes to caring for your health and promoting weight loss, however.
Why not add them to your breakfast? It’s a great idea that’s worth trying out.
- You can combine tomatoes with a little avocado, some eggs, and even spread on toast with a little olive oil.
- Tomatoes also help prevent premature aging. This fruit contains 94% water, which makes them a very satisfying food with which to start your day.
- In addition to that, lycopene, the antioxidant that gives them their reddish hue, also helps protect your heart.
- Remember to eat tomatoes with the skin. This is how you can benefit from the fiber content, which helps you lose weight and improves your digestion.
As you can see, it’s easy to enjoy a satisfying and nutritious breakfast if you look for the right foods. Remember to choose products that are fresh and organic to take advantage of their natural properties.
You can accompany these foods with a cup of coffee and some natural juice, if you wish.
Start taking better care of yourself today!