5 Revitalizing Celery Recipes To Try at Home
Celery is much much than an ingredient to add to your salad or soup, as many people tend to think. . Here are some revitalizing celery recipes!
Celery is much much than an ingredient to add to your salad or soup, as many people tend to think. Celery has many properties that help with weight loss and nourishment, as well as contains all the daily energy you need. Don’t hesitate to try some of these healthy and revitalizing celery recipes.
Properties of Celery
You can use the stalk, the leaves, and the root of celery in various celery recipes. Celery’s most powerful property is that it is an excellent diuretic. This is because it activates kidney functioning, which is why it is used to treat problems like gout, kidney stones, or deficiencies. Thanks to its action, it eliminates negative toxins that accumulate in your brain.
Celery has also been proven to give its invigorating action to achieve a feeling of well-being and superior vitality to those that eat it. When celery is mixed with carrots or tomatoes, like in a smoothie or juice, its advantages are multiplied. You can also consume it in infusion form, with no more than ten grams of it per cup of water. Drink after every meal.
Celery for Weight Loss
Like we said in the beginning, celery is an excellent ally in the battle for weight loss. It should not be lacking in any weight loss diet. It has many of the aforementioned benefits and reduces risk factors that are related to obesity. You can consume it in different ways, from the typical salad to vegetable soup, juices, smoothies, shakes, or infusions.
It has been proven that 100 grams of celery has only 16 calories. The good news is that this amount can be added to a delicious salad. It also has 1.6 grams of fiber that boosts the purification of toxins from the body. Celery gives you magnesium and potassium, two minerals that stimulate the urinary system and eliminate excess liquids.
It is a depurative, diuretic, hypocaloric, and antioxidant food. Also, celery gives you zinc, vitamins A, B, C, and D, and magnesium. It has a great ability to prevent the action of the “evil” free radicals. Don’t underestimate the great powers of this “all-powerful” vegetable.
5 Juice or Smoothie Celery Recipes
Celery, pear, cucumber, and carrot juice:
- It is an amazing choice for summer and great for eliminating swelling and the fluids that accumulate in your legs (especially ankles). You will need three celery stalks, two pears, two cucumbers, and a carrot. If you would like, you can add a proper sweetener. Wash and peel all of the vegetables. Cut them into cubes and put them in the blender. If necessary, add water so that it is a little more liquid. Drink it on an empty stomach or in the morning.
Celery, ginger, and carrot juice:
- This is a delicious drink for people that have colds or flus, people that have constant allergies or suffer from hay fever. The ingredients are 2 celery stalks, 5 medium carrots, and 1 slice of peeled fresh ginger. Just peel the carrots and cut them in thin slices, just like the celery. Put both in the blender and blend until you get a creamy consistency. You can water and if you like, a tablespoon of honey.
Discover more: How to Use Celery to Alleviate Constipation
Celery and pineapple smoothie:
- Starting your day with this amazing smoothie, which is very healthy and delicious, you will be able to stop your appetite for a few hours and it will also give you a large amount of energy in order to face all of your commitments and obligations. You will need 1 celery stalk, a half cup of water, 1 slice of peeled pineapple, a half cup of crushed ice, 2 tablespoons of amaranth seeds, and 4 tablespoons of powdered protein (optional). It’s best to let the seeds soak the night before. Cut the celery in small slices. Add all of this (except the protein) to the blender and make a smoothie or shake that is well mixed. Drink it for breakfast.
Celery, carrot, and apple smoothie:
- This is one of the most known combinations and is recommended for putting on your skin before sunbathing, reversing cellular aging, stimulating liver functions, treating anemia, lessening the effects of environment pollution, and increasing the amount of vitamins and proteins. The ingredients for two servings are: 1 celery stalk without leaves, 1 apple, 4 carrots, and the juice from half a lemon. Clean the vegetables well and peel them. Cut them in slices and put them in the blender. Add the fresh squeezed juice and mix together. Before you drink it, blend it, if you would like it.
Celery and orange shake:
- This is an excellent celery recipe to lose weight and drink it on an empty stomach in the morning. You will need a celery stalk, the juice from two oranges, some laurel seeds, and a little bit of pear. Squeeze the oranges, cut the celery in slices as well as the pear, and crush the laurel. Put all of it in the blender and blend until all of the ingredients. We recommend drinking this everyday for two weeks. Stop for 7 days and then repeat.
We hope you liked our article, for more information about celery recipes and diets click below!
Images courtesy of Tamara Smith, Emilian Robert Vicol, Stu_spivack, Jason Eppink, Breville USA.