5 Alum Stone Remedies that You Should Know
Although it's best known as a deodorant, you can use also alum stone for various remedies. It can help you both internally and externally.
Natural remedies aren’t confined to just medicinal plants or plant products in general. Nature comes in many different forms, and stones are one of them. In this article, we’ll take a look at five remedies with alum stone that you should know.
What is Alum Stone?
In chemical terms, alum occurs wheb the triple-compound sulphate is present. The components of this sulfate are usually aluminum.
One of the biggest and most effective forms alum has is as the alum stone.
The alum stone is a translucent white color. It’s usually manufactured, typically after processing potassium alum.
This stone is widely known for traditional medicine thanks to is many befits to the human body. It’s especially helpful when you use it externally. However, it also has internal uses.
The Properties and Applications of Alum Stone
The alum stone’s many applications and uses have made it very popular. There are many health professionals in natural medicine who take advantage of the stone’s properties.
First, one of the most important characteristics is that the alum stone has antiperspirant properties. That’s why people often use it to make natural deodorants.
On the other hand, the alum stone has properties that help with various skin problems. It can be used to reduce stretch marks. You can also use it to cure canker sores. Pimples are also one of the main conditions that alum stones can help.
In addition, this powerful stone speeds up the healing process for wounds, especially small ones. All of this is because of the stone’s great astringent abilities.
Some artisans even use alum stones to dye fabrics.
5 Alum Stone Remedies that Will Improve Your Health
1. Alum stone deodorant
As we mentioned, on of the main properties of alum stones is that it helps with sweating. Therefore, this stone is usually an effective homemade deodorant that’s very easy to make.
Plus, you only need to use it every other day, not every day.
- A bar of alum stone
- 1 teaspoon myrrh powder (5 g)
- 1/2 glass of water (100 ml)
- First, wet the alum stone bar in water.
- Then, add the myrrh powder and apply it to your body.
2. Alum stone face mask for acne
Pimples, like all facial impurities, are no match for alum stones. You’ll see results after the first few applications.
- 2 tablespoons of powdered alum (30 g)
- 3 egg whites
- In a bowl, mix the alum and egg whites.
- When it has a frothy texture, let it rest.
- Apply the mask on your face and let it sit for an hour.
- Then, rinse with cold water.
3. Alum stone blend for canker sores
Sometimes you get little cankers in your mouth, which are small sores. They’re extremely uncomfortable, but simple to treat.
- 2 tablespoons of alum stone powder (30 g)
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- First, dilute two tablespoons of the powdered stone in a cup of water.
- Stir until they’re combined and the water changes color.
- Finally, gargle with this mixture, making sure it reaches the sore.
4. Purify water with alum stones
You might worry about the purity of your drinking water, but have no fear: these stones can help you purify it.
- 1/4 teaspoon alum stone powder (1 g)
- 4 cups of water (1 liter)
- First, add the gram of alum stone powder to the water. One gram will purify one liter.
- Stir with the powder for at least one minute.
- Wait until the water clears and you don’t see so many particles.
- Finally, drink it.
Note: This technique is only recommended for drinking water that already comes from a safe source, such as your tap. Other measures are also needed for unsafe water sources.
5. Alum stone crystals against stretch marks
Alum stone comes in many forms. Crystals are one of them. They look similar to the ground stone, but are much smaller chips.
You can use this to reduce stretch marks.
- A bar of soap
- 1 tablespoon of alum stone crystals (15 g)
- 1/2 cup of moisturizer (125 ml)
- When you’re taking a bath, rub the soap on the area affected by stretch marks.
- Then, adhere the crystals and let it sit for several minutes.
- Remove them with soap when you feel it working.
- After the bath, apply moisturizer to prevent irritation.
The alum stone is a natural element that has many health and hygiene habits. Like many other stones, it’s very beneficial for your body. Although it’s never a bad idea to get a doctor’s advice, this type of natural remedy will give you multiple benefits for some common issues.