5 Juice Recipes That Can Help Cleanse Your Liver
To cleanse your liver and prevent serious health problems, you need to keep a balanced, healthy diet. These juices are a perfect way to help you with that!
Your liver is an extremely important organ. It’s in charge of getting rid of the toxins in what you consume, like alcohol and fried foods. But that’s not all it does, it can also regenerate itself. But that doesn’t mean you should be careless with it. It’s important to care for your liver and cleanse it often, and drinking certain kinds of juice can help!
By avoiding toxins and ingesting helpful nutrients instead, you’ll be giving it the time and resources it needs to heal itself. There are lots of ways to cleanse your liver, but today we’re going to focus on juice recipes. Here are some of the most effective, give them a try, they should be easy on your wallet too!
Juice recipes to cleanse your liver
1. Grapefruit, orange, and lemon juice
Thanks to their antioxidants, citrus fruits are great for ridding your body of toxins and all kinds of fat, along with supporting you colon and liver. They also strengthen your immune system and promote good health.
So, combining these three fruits makes for a super-juice that will help you cleanse you liver and get it working properly.
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 2 grapefruits (pink or white)
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil (5 g)
- Take the fruits and peel them completely, then remove the seeds.
- Put all the ingredients into a blender. If you’d like, add some water or ice.
- Process until well-blended.
This juice is best to drink in the mornings, and always freshly made. If it’s too acidic for you, add some green vegetables.
You might like:
2. Lemon beet juice
Beets are rich in antioxidants and contain betalain, the substance responsible for their characteristic dark red color. Beets help your body deal with heavy metals better, which means they help prevent illnesses like liver cancer.
Together with all the health benefits you already know lemons have, they make for a powerful liver-cleansing juice.
- 1 large beet
- The juice of 1 large or 2 small lemons
- Wash the beet, peel, and chop it into pieces.
- Squeeze the lemon.
- Add everything to a blender and process.
It’s best to drink this juice immediately so that no nutrition is lost.
3. Orange ginger juice
This juice combines the abundant antioxidants found in oranges with the amazing properties of ginger. Ginger helps improve just about everything related to your digestion and is anti-inflammatory.
This particular combination of flavors is very tasty. What you get is a refreshing juice that works to gently cleanse your liver.
- 1 large or 2 small oranges
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger (5 g)
- Peel and seed the oranges.
- Process the oranges and ginger in a blender or food processor.
It is advisable to drink this juice 3 nights in a row. However, if you want to see even better results, have it 7 consecutive nights.
4. Dandelion, apple, garlic, ginger, and onion blend
This effective, powerful smoothie (or juice) is excellent at cleansing your liver and purifying it of toxins that won’t leave your body on their own.
Dandelion gives your body the enzymes it needs to do its job.
This drink also serves as a diuretic, helping with fluid retention, abdominal inflammation, and bloating during menstruation. Plus, it’s even great for your skin.
It is basically an all-in-one!
- 1 handful of fresh dandelion
- 1 cup of water
- 4 apples
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger (10 g)
- 1 slice of onion
- First of all, make a tea with the dandelion and water.
- Peel and chop the apples and garlic cloves.
- Put everything in a blender and process until lump-free.
- Enjoy your super-juice!
5. Grapefruit, garlic, and ginger juice
As a citrus, grapefruits are great at eliminating toxins and are a big help when it comes to liver health.
Combine them with the amazing properties of ginger and garlic, and you get a juice that’s perfect for cleansing your liver.
- The juice of 2 grapefruits
- The juice of 4 lemons
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 slice of ginger
- 1 1/2 cups of water (300 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (32 g)
- Squeeze the grapefruits and lemons.
- Grate the ginger.
- Add the juices along with the rest of the ingredients to a blender and mix well.
Cleansing your liver doesn’t have to be hard or expensive
All of these juices are great at helping you purify your liver. However, remember that extremes aren’t good, so have these juices for 3 or 7 days in a row max and then stop.
If you often feel pain in the area around your liver, it’s best to see your doctor to get checked out. It’s also important to keep a healthy diet, because juices aren’t enough on their own.